Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys tried searching but i didnt get a definite answer. i read that the subframes are a little different but i just wanted to know if anyone has gotten an 05 tail on an 03. i perfer the way it looks over the 03. thanks

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
i was planning on doing this to my 04 because i like the wider tail vents, the tails and little mid pieces are totaly different but the bolts appear to be in the same place so i thought if you get the tail and mid trims from the 05 it would bolt up but i havent really checked yet so ill be watching this thread

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
Im almost exact that if you want to put an 05-06 tail on an 03-04, you have to switch out the subframe..

·
Registered
294 Posts
i actually have an '06 tail, but it's sitting at my in-law's garage 30 miles away..i may be going down there tonight for some rockband sessions.. i'll grab the tail if i do go down there and will report back once i try to fit it on my '04...

·
Registered
501 Posts
i prefer the 03-04 tail over the 05-06. i hate the keyhole location on the 05-06. i like the smooth look of the 03-04 tail.

·
Registered
294 Posts
ok, got back late last night and didn't have much time to try to make it fit..but it appears that the 03-04 plastic tray might be a bit wider near the seat area...making fitting difficult. i'll try to wiggle it more to see if it will work when i get off work today...

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is super late, but I have an 04 with a 05 tail...there's a sh!t load of parts you'd need to replace to get it fitted! new lock cylinder, release cable, subframe, seats and what not. You'll also have to relocate the rear brake resivour... truthfully, it's a b!tch but worth it. I like the 05 tail because of the way it flares out more than the 03-04 lock cylinder hole or not.

·
Registered
500 Posts
What six said. lots of parts to replace. i have both bikes at home.
pretty much replacing the subframe and everything that bolts on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts