Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do the model years stack up? Would I do alright to pick up an 05-06, or is it worth throwing down some more cash for an 07? Or should I just grab an 08 leftover?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I couldn't really find much info comparing them. :biggrin:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Theres a good bit of change between those two models.

If you can already ride and have the cash, go with the 07-08. You will have better resale value in the coming years if you decide to part with it.

If this is your first bike and you are dead set on a 600, either will knock yours socks off.

fyi, I have a bone stock 05 and it still feels pretty damn ridiculous on the road.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Are you new to riding street? How much experience do you have working on bikes?

Most people will always tell you to pick up whatever is the best condition bike within your price range. Sad to say but not all people selling bikes are trust worthy. An 05-06 bike is great, especially for the prices you can find them now.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I say pick up an 03-04. Just check for signs of a drop and for fork seal leaks. I got 30K on mine and it runs great. I don't think you will notice a difference between the generations except for visually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts