Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
Came looking for some help for a friend of a friends 05 injected 600rr.

First up the starter rely and plug melted, blown fuse. The dude replaced the fuse which blew straight up with the ignition off. Second fuse stayed intact, but no ignition/dash, dead.

All the fuses by the R/R are ok, R/R tests ok as well.

I ended up with the bike, as he has no cash to get it fixed at the shop.

I ordered a cheep relay and plug from ebay and wired it in. No joy!

No ignition. No + power to the relay with the switch on?
No more burnt plugs or wiring that I can see.
Ignition switch tests ok, but is not getting any + power.??

Any one have a wiring diagram handy.
I am looking for where the red with white striped wire goes which connects directly to the + terminal?. I would think it goes to the ignition switch, but currently dosnt make it.

Also looking where the starter relay gets its trigger from? ignition switch?

Anyone heard of this before?
Or anyone have any suggestions where to look from here?
Have I overlooked another set of fuses or curcuit breaker.?

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
Sent you a pm check it out link should help you sort out the issue you got going

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Moman, but it says the dl is corrupt and unable to be opened. But that info is exactly what Im looking for.
Ill give it another go..

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
Thanks Moman, but it says the dl is corrupt and unable to be opened. But that info is exactly what Im looking for.
Ill give it another go..
I will get searching and pm you if i find anothet option :banger:

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
Ill give it another go..
Sent you another pm with a new link try it out and let me know the outcome :shakehand

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RESOLVED

After getting hold of a wiring diagram and back tracing where the break in the + supply was, I discovered that the new starter relays main two + posts were reversed to where they should be.
I dont think I stuffed it up installing the new one, as to get the leads on the correct posts I had to file down the sides of the terminals to get them to fit on the oposite posts, the holes in the terminals are offset to prevent them being installed arse about.
So keep this in mind if you order a chineese starter relay from ebay.

Bike fired first press of the starter, even after sitting for over 2 months. Whilst the fairings are off I might grease all the wiring connectors as they were all starting to get a blue/green tinge on the plugs and were all bone dry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts