Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new here and was looking for some info. First where would the best place to find a frame and second what price range should I expect to pay.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Ceph said:
best place to find an 05 frame, is at you local Honda dealer. when you buy a new 600RR, they throw the frame in for free.:icon_lol:
Damn it I got ripped off.

·
0 Posts
The only possible reason that i can think of (not saying there aren't anymore) as to why you would want an '05 frame is b/c you mysteriously found a bunch of '05 parts and an '05 motor (maybe in someone yard or a parking lot perhaps).

·
Registered
304 Posts
5150in702 said:
The only possible reason that i can think of (not saying there aren't anymore) as to why you would want an '05 frame is b/c you mysteriously found a bunch of '05 parts and an '05 motor (maybe in someone yard or a parking lot perhaps).
And what? he still needs the frame. Maybe he is building a race bike?:pottytrai

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ceph said:
best place to find an 05 frame, is at you local Honda dealer. when you buy a new 600RR, they throw the frame in for free.:icon_lol:
I bought mine at lens crafters; it was a fairly good deal under $200 for an armani frame, the lens was a different story

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope My bike is only 3 months old and someone pulled a hit and run on me when I went down I would have been ok but the bike hit the curb the right way and put a big dent in the frame. So in short cant do an insurance clame because he took off and now I am left with 75% of the bike in working order except plastics and clutch cover and frame.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Countyblues said:
Nope My bike is only 3 months old and someone pulled a hit and run on me when I went down I would have been ok but the bike hit the curb the right way and put a big dent in the frame. So in short cant do an insurance clame because he took off and now I am left with 75% of the bike in working order except plastics and clutch cover and frame.

also will 04 plastics fit the 05 I here the tail pice on the 04 is smaller.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys after looking with no luck to find a frame I was wondering what problems I would run into with a big dent in the frame and is there anyway to fix a bent frame?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Fixing a bent frame gets pricey. There is a place here in texas that charges 450 just to check it, and its big money after that to make it staright again.

And just so you know, most of the frames these days do not come 100% straight from the dealer anyways, if there is more than a 2mm offset, it is considered bent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts