Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys have probably heard all this before so thanks for your patience. I am looking to do a PC on my bike but my local shop is telling me I have to pay another $260 to have them tune the bike. Does this sound right and if so, how much gain do I really get.
Second, I was reading the thread on the aftermarket air filters and the overall consensus was that they don't make much difference. However, I am at 5000 feet so I am wondering if it would make a difference at altitude where the air charge is far less dense.

Thanks All,
Rob

·
Registered
579 Posts
Idk if the PC is really worth it, im still trying to decide that my self

As for the tune, most likely they are talking about making a custom map on a dyno. If thats the case the price seems to be about right. The two shops near my house quoted me $250 and between 250-300 depending on how long it took

·
Registered
531 Posts
The price sounds right. As for whether or not it's worth it... Who knows.

I have a custom map on my bike, and I really didn't notice any performance difference. It gained a few ponies, but it's a drop in the bucket of a 100+hp bike.

Another consideration is just achieving a good A/F ratio. Most common mods tend to slightly lean out the mixture, and I've heard that the stock map is already on the lean side. I had mine tuned for longevity's sake.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
For those who are still wondering if it is worth it, Hell YES. The bike is smoother afterward and the dyno tune is tailored to the way the bike revs from start to finish with the mods on it. It will make the power curve more linear and more rideable. Any power gains are a nice by product.

I've had mine done twice now, second time was to add the quick shift and ignition module, but definitely worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.