Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this montsh addition of roadracingworld in the mail. Didn't get to read the whole 600CC comparison article yet. What I did read of it is the 600RR was rated last place out of the 4. Sad to say, still a great bike, but in this shootout all the others ranked better.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
don't you know those tests are biased.... :bitchslap:

:lol2:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
hessogood said:
Just got this montsh addition of roadracingworld in the mail. Didn't get to read the whole 600CC comparison article yet. What I did read of it is the 600RR was rated last place out of the 4. Sad to say, still a great bike, but in this shootout all the others ranked better.
Yea, I read it they made it sound like the thing was slow as hell :roll:, compared to the others, until you look a the track times and it was just as good if not better.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yeah its slow as hell cuz the guy test riding lapped .001224 seconds faster on a differen't bike lol So that makes the RR slow.

·
Registered
494 Posts
DoingOK said:
Read them with a grain of salt..........the two mags I got this week have it as number 1. Everyone has an opinion.
Not only that, but some of the manufacturers pay the magazines to lean towards their bike.

I've ridden RR's, new R6's, and new Gixxers, and I still like the RR best overall. We spent a night out at our racing spot testing things like which bike wins from a stop, which bike wins from a rolling 30, etc. The '04 Gixxer and the '04 RR were dead even on stop- and roll-starts. The '04 R6 stayed dead even with us and then took us at the top every single time, by maybe 1 bike length at the end of the 1/4. 1 bike length at 115-130mph (depending on your elevation) is NOT a very big difference.

I've also ridden all 3 bikes through a canyon that we tear up regularly. The RR is hands down the best feeling bike in the canyons. The R6 and Gixxer tend to want to lift up out of the turns, while the RR's more front-balanced weight keeps it nice and stuck to the ground. The R6 is lighter, but it almost feels too light, especially for the riding position they stick you in (the tank is skinny at the base but wide and tall/pointy at the top.. feels really uncomfortable and isn't as easy to hold with your legs in the turns).

Anyway, maybe I'll do a full writeup on my experiences with these bikes and post them on my site after everyone starts riding. I'll keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
280 Posts
they seem to talk really good about it when they are invited to test ride these things but then later they just talk done on it all i ever read it how great the mid range is compared to the 03-04 model thats about it for the 05 model

·
Registered
356 Posts
the midrange power bump is really noticeable... if you're a cog too tall in the exits, it'll be great for powering you out... wheelies easier too. when the roads are a bit warmer i'll see if i can notice the easier turn in from the usd forks...

·
Registered
267 Posts
hessogood said:
The only reason it rated last was cause 2 of the 4 guys didnt like it...... if you notice, the other 2 rated it #1!!!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
It was also rated last by RW because there is no single part of the bike that is 'Great!'. The bike broken down into individual parts, suspension, motor, weight, etc., isn't that great, but in the 600RR's case, the total package is much greater than the sum of all the parts.

Really, though, I think all of the bikes are so close to each other now-adays. You can't go wrong with any of them, except suzuki!! :D

·
Registered
876 Posts
You know.. I dont really care what those Mags have to say, I will buy my bike what I like and the style.. Not based on the review or what they like, everyone has a different taste.

Gixxer 1000 is better than CBR1000RR but I still like my Repsol more so than that fugly exhaust..

I would just say ride and smile.. and you have to ride what you like not listen to those Mags opinion..

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
If you really want to know the truth look at the AMA races yesterday. I hate to say this but it appears that Kawasaki is going to be the ones to beat this year. They absolutely ran away from everyone on top end. But that doesn't mean it makes YOU a better rider because you ride a Kawi. Stop getting caught up in the magazine "comparison" that penalizes because of trunk space! Who the [email protected]#k buys a bike for trunk space?!? :bitchslap: I bought my bike because it had a ton of techincal innovations that I thought were beneficial to a fast rider. And it looked cool. I could care less what the magazines have to say about "who's the best". It all comes down to the rider. ;-)

·
Registered
44 Posts
One mag says this and one mag says that! You have to remember that alot of these mags have advertisers and some give more money to the different mags, so who will get the better rating in each mag? The guy who has more adverts and is supporting the mag, which keeps these people in business!

All these bikes are so close in every aspect and the average guy will buy what he wants no matter what these mags say.

Personally I went on test rides and choose the RR because I was most comfortable on it and thought it handles the best and thats what I want!

·
Registered
513 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by r6beater:

quote:

If you really want to know the truth look at the AMA races yesterday. I hate to say this but it appears that

but honda doesn't race in 600 supersport

Right. That was the superstock at Daytona.
they don't run superstock either . but watching tommy deny nearly every draft pass by the yamahas with sheer hosepower was good fun .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts