Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 600 rr with only 6700 km or 41xx miles. I noticed it last year if I'm driving in town start/stop traffic, and get the bike temp up. If I turn it off then try to start it a short time later it acts like the battery is low. This past weekend I had to jump start it. But I'f I let the bike cool down a bit it flashes up just fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have an 05 600 rr with only 6700 km or 41xx miles. I noticed it last year if I'm driving in town start/stop traffic, and get the bike temp up. If I turn it off then try to start it a short time later it acts like the battery is low. This past weekend I had to jump start it. But I'f I let the bike cool down a bit it flashes up just fine. Any ideas?
Does it crank over at normal speed, or does the cranking power go down when hot?

ALSO, have you had all the factory scheduled maintenance done?

Problems starting hot can be caused by being considerably rich, low compression/-valve clearances (suspect if no maintenance has been done) or battery needs replacing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery is good. is kept Inside all winter. fully charged and holds a charge. As for maintenance I'm not sure bought it with 4298 km and it has 6700 now. I have only changed the oil once.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts