Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my dad woke me up at 6 am to see me race stand and cover by them selves in the driveway... My red/black 05 is gone mint with about 2300 miles.
Biggest lose on it was the scotts dampner..
I have a question, anyone who purchased on from the stealership and got the part protection plan(forgot the exact name) but they put a sticker or soemthing on lots of the parts so if its stolen they can track tell if the part was from my bike if found, something like that. Well I remember the selling point was that they will pay you money if I remember like 2-3 grand. I just cant find the paper work right now for it. Anyway anyone have the exact info? Thanks
Well this blows wish I saw the fuckers who did it..
Anyway guess ill wait to call insurance since they arent open yet but they will send me a check to pay it off I guess? Never had anything stolen before.
I guess a new RR will be on its way soon....
Sorry for the long post. Heres the last pic I got of her not to good of a pic the sun was bright.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Man, thats awful...Thats my biggest fear right there. Well thats why you got insurance. Thats one of those rare cases where an alarm may have helped stop them from stealing it (maybe). You've gotta be real careful if you get another one cause chances are those guys who stole it had scoped you out before making the grab. If they see another one, they'll just do the same thing... and they'll probably assume you have an alarm this time too. My advice, make some room in the garage like behind or in front of your car(s) or store it somewhere out of sight. I also try to never leave my bike out in the driverway for more than 5 minutes, covered or not. You never know who's driving by.

Real sorry to hear this...Good luck with all that paper work, hopefully you will be back riding soon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Man, Sorry to hear that bro.......it sucks to have something stolen....especially since they went onto your own property to take the bike. Like matt194 said.... if you get a new one do you have a garage to keep it in or some way to block it from would be theives. I would DEFINATELY suggest you get a SCORPIO SR-i500 two-way alarm. I have it on mine and it works awesome.... Where in NJ are you from...... I had a friend who used to keep his bike between his car and his house in his driveway.... same thing as you woke up one morning and it was gone :(

Hope you get it settled quick... best of luck bro.

2ndtime

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think you are talking about the DATA DOTS when you purchased it you should of had to register it online. Paste glue with lil dots w/serial #s on them all over various parts on your bike. Hope you can find the paper work because depending on which plan you purchased you maybe be coverd up to 5000$ towards purchase of a new bike from the same dealership. I jus bought 06 and payed for the plan sounded like a great investment after seeing how fast my 05 walked.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
:flamethro :flamethro :gun1: :bitch_ple Bastards
i hate them they will follow you home , work to scoop you out
i always change my routes just in case i am being followed i never leave
my bike in the driveway as soon as i shut it off it its rolled into the garage
and shut the garage too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts