Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
It seems like it is a two year cycle and then some modest updates. However it is way too soon to know. Everything will be speculation...

Based on that, I hope the 05 is lighter with the often mentioned clearance problems cured. Other than that, I do not know what to expect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey all, I dont know what Honda plans on doing but I just got a new 04 RR in red/black, I hope they dont make too many drastic changes to it....I think it is sick already...easily the sweetest looking 600 on the market. My last bike was a 92' CBR600 all white w/red/blue stripes, and I even thought that bike looked good.
well, whatever changes they make, im sure it wont effect the way the bike performs or the amount of heads it turns. Ride Red....Ride 4 life.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Skibutt said:
hey all, I dont know what Honda plans on doing but I just got a new 04 RR in red/black, I hope they dont make too many drastic changes to it....I think it is sick already...easily the sweetest looking 600 on the market. My last bike was a 92' CBR600 all white w/red/blue stripes, and I even thought that bike looked good.
well, whatever changes they make, im sure it wont effect the way the bike performs or the amount of heads it turns. Ride Red....Ride 4 life.
hey man am glad ur like ur RR....when u rode ur 92'cbr600 and got on the 600rr how different did it feel speed wise?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Speculation only but I'm guessing a little body work change and may lose a few lbs in '05.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
...and maybe radial-mounted brakes just to keep up with the joneses and get marketing credit for this "race-bred technology", even if most riders wouldn't notice the difference....

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm sure a new swingarm will appear much like the 1000rr. Maybe some magnesium parts. Some head work will add titainium valves. USD forks for sure with both radial brakes and pump. Oh and new body work like the 1000rr again which is now closer to the RCV (04)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I hope it doesn't look anything like the 1000, that would be a step backwards as far as cosmetics go. I hope they put friggin real metal fasteners on it too! And do the turn signals like on an R6 so they don't bust your fairing just by looking at them too hard.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The swingarm isn't going to change. You will not see +10 hp or -20lbs. For pete's sake there was only a 4-5hp increase over the F4i and that's with a new from the ground up engine. Upside down forks and radial mounts are a possibility but for the vast majority of riders its notyhing more than a marketing ploy with no significant advantage, especially on a 6. Just something to drive up prices.

If what you want is to always have the latest and greatest sportbike technology out there then you're going to be [email protected]#king miserable because every year there is going to be another "As Good As It Gets?" machine coming out and you're going to be left with nothing more than a fat old pig and a big ol' hard on for the newer version. What's most [email protected]#ked up about people buying into this trickle down technology, newer is better bullsh#t is that no one on here can tell you the difference between 11.04 and 10.86 1/4 miles ('04 RR vs. '04 GSX-R). NO ONE!!! And yet all kinds of people are going to be talking about how the gixxer is so much faster in the 1/4 mile. I challenge anyone here to count to .18 of a second. Go ahead, I'll wait...

Point is, for 99.999999999999999999999999999% of all riders in the world, the difference between the RR and Honda's offering of 4 years ago is marginal at best. They are all incredibly capable mahines and well beyond our ability to weild them to their fullest potential. Buying a newer, tricker, more expensive bike will not make you any faster. You will still be slow. You will just be slow on a newer, tricker, more expensive bike.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
corner worker said:
The swingarm isn't going to change. You will not see +10 hp or -20lbs. For pete's sake there was only a 4-5hp increase over the F4i and that's with a new from the ground up engine. Upside down forks and radial mounts are a possibility but for the vast majority of riders its notyhing more than a marketing ploy with no significant advantage, especially on a 6. Just something to drive up prices.

If what you want is to always have the latest and greatest sportbike technology out there then you're going to be [email protected]#king miserable because every year there is going to be another "As Good As It Gets?" machine coming out and you're going to be left with nothing more than a fat old pig and a big ol' hard on for the newer version. What's most [email protected]#ked up about people buying into this trickle down technology, newer is better bullsh#t is that no one on here can tell you the difference between 11.04 and 10.86 1/4 miles ('04 RR vs. '04 GSX-R). NO ONE!!! And yet all kinds of people are going to be talking about how the gixxer is so much faster in the 1/4 mile. I challenge anyone here to count to .18 of a second. Go ahead, I'll wait...

Point is, for 99.999999999999999999999999999% of all riders in the world, the difference between the RR and Honda's offering of 4 years ago is marginal at best. They are all incredibly capable mahines and well beyond our ability to weild them to their fullest potential. Buying a newer, tricker, more expensive bike will not make you any faster. You will still be slow. You will just be slow on a newer, tricker, more expensive bike.
Moral of the story....best mods are software related, aka you. Ride more, ride at the track, take some track school courses and voila you can become a better, faster and safer rider ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
tiltedworld said:
Moral of the story....best mods are software related, aka you. Ride more, ride at the track, take some track school courses and voila you can become a better, faster and safer rider ;)
+1.

If only I wasn't so long winded. You said it all in a fraction of the time.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts