Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this bike a few weeks ago, running perfect, zero issues, and bike only has 12k miles on it. Well, today I decided to mess with the idle knob and I hear a click and all of a sudden the isles drop to under 1000rpms. I tried to tighten back up but it felt loose. I left it as I was at work on my lunch. Later when I left and was at a red lights, my bike stalls. Pulled over tried to adjust the knob but it just keeps spinning with nothing happening. Tried again when I got home and nothing. The bike runs fine, just stalls. I should have left that knob alone. Bike was running perfect. Any help would help. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ll try that. I have an appointment with a shop today. If the knob/wire is broken, can they adjust the idle directly from the throttle body?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Did you get it fix? I can fix it for you for if you can ride it down to the IE (cheaper than a shop would charge you)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Didn’t get it fixed. I didn’t have the part with me, and even if I did, they wouldn’t be able to get to it. I paid for them to tell me what I already knew lol. They did inform me about a few other things by bike needed, so I guess that was good. If you can, Send me your contact info?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts