Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
The pictures look good

I picked up an 05 in almost identical condition with 9k miles for $4300 here in the Dallas area. I looked around for a couple of months and there weren't too many better deals (a few might have been but they sold in 1 day and I missed them).

Not sure if that helps or not.

Oh, and be ready to get lectured about buying a 600RR as your first bike. A lot of guys are going to tell you it's a bad idea.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Seems about right. I paid $4750 cdn for mine last year. It was an 05 with 23500km (around 15000 miles) on it. Mine didn't have a slip-on though. I would say go for it but ask if he's had the valves adjusted. The interval is 16k miles and it costs a few hundred dollars. If he hasn't had that done ask him to take $200-$300 off the price to cover the service. Additionally make sure its not a salvage title. Those front forks don't look right to me. The upper pieces should be gold and the lower bracket for the calipers should be black....not that copper colour. I could be wrong, but all the 05 CBR's i've seen haven't had front suspension that looked like that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up an 05 in almost identical condition with 9k miles for $4300 here in the Dallas area. I looked around for a couple of months and there weren't too many better deals (a few might have been but they sold in 1 day and I missed them).

Not sure if that helps or not.

Oh, and be ready to get lectured about buying a 600RR as your first bike. A lot of guys are going to tell you it's a bad idea.
I know they will and ty for the input
but ive been riding dirt for quite a few years just making the transition from dirt to street now

not saying thats a good excuse or anything just saying i have more exp then the average guy who buys his first bike as a 600 w/o dirt

·
Registered
311 Posts
I know they will and ty for the input
but ive been riding dirt for quite a few years just making the transition from dirt to street now

not saying thats a good excuse or anything just saying i have more exp then the average guy who buys his first bike as a 600 w/o dirt
Biggest, almost only difference you will have to get used to is the turning and steering. You don't and can't turn by using the handlebars, you must lean. And if you try to turn the handlebars right, the bike will dip and go left. That was the only thing I had to get used to when I made the transition, and the reason I almost killed myself the first time I came into a fast turn. Other than that you'll be plenty fine:cruising::cruising:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts