Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, so I've been having some problems with my bike regarding what I believe are electrical issues. The other day I noticed that the relay for the fuel pump on the upper wiring harness started clicking, I was able to reconnect the relay and it stopped the clicking and all was fine. Two days later I go to start my bike up and everything works besides the fuel pump, wont prime. I tried switching around the relays with no success. Did anybody have this issue or have any ideas of what it could be? Any information is very useful, thanks for your time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello guys, so I've been having some problems with my bike regarding what I believe are electrical issues. The other day I noticed that the relay for the fuel pump on the upper wiring harness started clicking, I was able to reconnect the relay and it stopped the clicking and all was fine. Two days later I go to start my bike up and everything works besides the fuel pump, wont prime. I tried switching around the relays with no success. Did anybody have this issue or have any ideas of what it could be? Any information is very useful, thanks for your time.
Update: I replaced the relay and the pump primes again which is great, but all of the sudden I lost my horn and turn signals of course. Maybe could just be that another relay needs replacing but yea, always one thing after the next.

·
Registered
301 Posts
First things first, is your bike stock and have you already checked for loose power and ground cables on the battery? These bikes do not like anything that adds a lot of draw to the electrical system, and, you could also check grounds for proper connection or corrosion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hello guys

i am helping a friend who has a cbr 600rr- i belive it is 2006 or 2009 model. it has HISS key.

the motor blew up and we got a replacement used engine. when we try to crank it shows no spark, no fuel prime
replaced the wiring harness and Ecu that we got on ebay USA

since the wiring harness is replaced we have not connected the HISS cables. just got the ignition connected. the meter lits up and F1 light stays on. no spark yet

tried both orignal euc and new ecu it still wont work. all fuses are good , relays are good.

·
Registered
188 Posts
let's not get too many bikes mixed up. If you're using US harness + ECU with non-US ignition, you must install 5v zener diode inline on pink wire between ig-switch and ECU so line is 9v or less. This is anti-hotwire circuit that ensures key was turned to power ECU.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry about posting my question here..it would be really helpful if you can kindly share any photo on where to install the diode.

As well i do not have hiss socket on the us wiring so the original key hiss harness is left un connected

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not a problem leaving HISS disconnected. There's nothing for it to plug into on U.S. harness anyway.

Flip your ignition switch over and see if it looks like this. The diode take power from output red/black terminal and steps it down to 9v and sends out pink wire to ECU. Black band on diode faces power source 12v.

If you don't have pink wire at switch, you can insert diode into harness side connector. Bridge same 2 wires with black stripe of diode facing power-source.

You can use NTE diode
Part # NTE5007A
3.9v 1/2w 5% DO-35

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pink wire should be in position 29 on grey connector.

You've got LOTS of cut-open wire-insulation on that harness. Best to clean off all insulation that's exposing bare wire with acetone, then seal with tape.

can get diodes from numerous sources:

·
Registered
188 Posts
1. need to confirm exact year of bike, is it 2006 or 2009?
2. confirm part# of harness
3. confirm part# of ECM

2006 has dual-row 32-pin grey ECM connector. Pink wire is on #29 as shown
Hand Circuit component Finger Thumb Electronic component

Electronic engineering Circuit component Electronic component Electrical wiring Cable

·
Registered
11 Posts
2009 model

We have 3 rows of pins and harness has no part number tag.. i got the wiring harness and the ecu on ebay usa

The originally has hiss , as the old ecu failed. I got wiring harness and ecu from us

Hiss wire is not connected now as the new harness doesn't have any pink wire plug for hiss wire to go from the ignition socket

·
Registered
188 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts