Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys. I recently got into an accident where a guy hit me while merging onto my lane. My right knee and hip took most of the impact but I ended up dropping the bike on the right side going around 35-40 mph. It cracked my rear cowl, battery tray, taillight and basically everything on the right side of the bike is scuffed. Now, I notice when I ride it, I smell coolant burning. Last week I had a little steam coming out while riding through traffic. I got home and let the bike sit for a while and noticed there was a drop of coolant underneath. I took it to the shop and got the bike all warmed up and couldn't find any leaks what so ever. The guy at the shop says it's probably my coolant reservoir but I tightened every hose connected onto it and I'm still getting this smell and this tiny leak. Anyone but into this situation before?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I low sided mine last year and the coolant reservoir has a small nipple on the bottom and mine had a small crack and took me forever to find I don't know if that helps or not but it's something to check. Also check the lines going to and from it also

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I low sided mine last year and the coolant reservoir has a small nipple on the bottom and mine had a small crack and took me forever to find I don't know if that helps or not but it's something to check. Also check the lines going to and from it also
Thanks. I checked everything out, I tightened up the hose on the bottom of the overflow and that stopped the drip. Now I got a leak on my oil filter -_-. Gotta get that fixed tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts