Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend came by today so we could wire up the 1000rr kill switch on it. We took it apart and wired up the new switch and tested it three times. The bike started up perfectly each time. When I put everything back in and tried starting it up again, it wouldn't start anymore.

If I turn the key on, everything lights up, but once I switch the engine start switch, nothing happens. No noise or anything.

Anybody have any idea what it could be? Bad switch?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
^I opened up the kill switch to take a look, but everything had good contact and was showing a reading off the voltmeter. Does anyone know what the Yellow/Red wire should be putting out?

Thought I'd give some more information. The headlight grounding on the old kill switch was off and the headlights didn't work, which was the main reason for changing to the 1000rr housing.

After it didn't start:
+ All fuses are fine
+ Main fuse next to the battery is fine
+ Dash lights up
+ Fuel pump primes

The main issue is that pressing the starter switch does absolutely nothing, no noise or even an attempt to start. The bike started by using alligator clips and a screw driver to touch the Yellow/Red pin from the connector next to the battery to the battery.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I had a starting/ electrical issue with my 05 turns out it was the little yellow box for all the ground wires. It was all burnt up. If you search on here. You will find a few threads on it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had a starting/ electrical issue with my 05 turns out it was the little yellow box for all the ground wires. It was all burnt up. If you search on here. You will find a few threads on it.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=176531

This is the one he was talking about I believe. I would take your switch a part and see if you can get it to start again like you did the first time. This would tell you if it's the switch or not. I would assume from what you have explained that the button that starts the bike is loosing its signal somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts