Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 600rr, jardine slip on, clear alternatives turn signals, rest is stock. So my battery was dead and went ahead and charged it, put it back in the bike, turned key to on and the guages just died, no clock, no sweep, no lights. After sitting for a few minutes the clock will come back up, but when I turn the key on again it dies again. I've checked all fuses, checked power going to the gauges. On a side note it was acting weird for the past month to where I had to slightly turn my key back from the on position to get any power to the gauges and the bike to start. Could it need a new ignition or new gauge cluster? Please help!

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Check the connections to the ignition, check the battery connections, check the amount of power you have on the bike. Does the bike start?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've checked all that already and its all fine. The bike does nothing when I turn the key. Nothing turns on when I hit the kill switch. I tried push starting last night and nothing. The guages did however light up briefly when I did that.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Sounds like your battery is dead. What voltage is on your battery?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right now the battery is sitting at 12.7 volts. I don't think its the battery because the battery is only about 4 months old and the problem started after I charged the battery.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I would check out ignition/run,stop switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts