Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
August 27 2004
05 GSX-R1000 unveiled
This is the first official picture of Suzuki's 2005 GSX-R1000.
It promises to be even more powerful and even sharper handling than the current cutting edge K4 version.
Engine capacity is up from 988cc to 999cc, its wheelbase is .5mm shorter and it weighs 2kg less than the current model. At 166kg it's lighter than most 600s.
You'll get more great pictures, including detailed close-up images, plus full technical spec in MCN - out on September 1, 2004.
One thing is clear from this first picture - the rumoured duckbill-MotoGP-style front end styling the 05 model was thought to be using, has been ditched in favour of a sexier, purposeful look.
The whopping titanium end can is likely to provoke debate.

Awh man..... Turn signal mirrors! Titanium pipe! Lighter than a 600! Nice bike. I'm so glad they didn't go with the Duck bill slpoped nose end look :roll:

On a secnd note my buddy and I are going to Valejo to pick up an Miladin edition 03 GSXR 1000 w/ 16oo miles for 78oo bones! :bounce:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it would look better with an undertail exhaust... i am sort of surprised that is does not have one....

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I'm not a fan at all of the turn signal mirrors....thought they only put those things on Honda Gold wings....

and that stock exhaust has got to go. otherwise its pretty nice.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it true that the side pipe exhausts make more power because there are less extreme bends than the underseat pipes?

maybe that is why they decided to stick with the side pipe.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
luckydevil said:
is it true that the side pipe exhausts make more power because there are less extreme bends than the underseat pipes?

maybe that is why they decided to stick with the side pipe.
For a tuned exhaust, this is typically true. That is why high mount aftermarket exhausts generally create less HP than their low mount counterpart.

·
Registered
624 Posts
TrippalHealicks said:
It weighs less than a 2004 600rr.... that's wild, man.....
Prolly cheaper (less reliable) materials..... I guess?

I would disagree somewhat, as it probably has more expensive, lighter materials. Now those materials affecting reliablity, that is a good possibility.

·
Registered
400 Posts
vdub18t said:
Now those materials affecting reliablity, that is a good possibility.
I'd highly doubt that....

I also highly doubt if that picture is of the "final" product, i'm pretty sure there will be a few significant changes before release....

·
Registered
624 Posts
vdub18t said:
Now those materials affecting reliablity, that is a good possibility.
I'd highly doubt that....

I also highly doubt if that picture is of the "final" product, i'm pretty sure there will be a few significant changes before release....

When I speak of reliability I speak in the sense of racing.....not street use.

·
Registered
274 Posts
nice bike, I'm sure performance is great, but as far as looks go I think this is by far the ugliest manufactured bike. I don't know if it's the nose or what...

·
Registered
448 Posts
that pipe looks like a softball bat

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Holy Shiit.. WTF is up with that tail?? Nasty. Thank god for aftermarket pipes, because that is the ugliest one I have ever seen.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think the tail looks sporty, the front looks odd, and the pipe is HUGE. That would have to come off immediately.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ugly!!

That thing is the ugliest bike being produced by any of the big company's. I would rather cruise around on a motard.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts