Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently downed my bike. I put it back together somewhat to take a practice ride around the house. And i noticed that the rotors were making a grinding sound and it almost looks like there its putting a groove in the left rotor. I was just curious of you guys opinion on this. Is it just the rotors being warped the pads or could it be worse like bent forks and something else im not thinking of. I did pull the calipers off to make sure there was no trash in there and nothing fell out no rocks or anything so i dont think its that. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
337 Posts
if you find out its the rotors, let me know i have both left and right front OEM rotors sitting in my garage, never installed never mounted 0 miles

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will do im just in the process of figuring out how im going to check all the front end pieces. It shouldnt be a problem im a machinist and i work at a full service machine shop/fab shop/CNC shop. But if i find out its just rotors i will let you know.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like you've ran out of pad check the pad on the side that its leaving grooves see if theres anything left
I just pulled the calipers off and it seems your right, the pads are pretty much gone but for some reason it looks like they wore very heavy to one side and not the other. What would cause that? Any ideas, I can take some pictures and post them up if that would help. Thanks

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
if your rotors are warped then you wouldnt here steady grinding. make sure the gaps where the calipers meet the rotors are the same could help.

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
pads could wear out faster on one side faster if a piston is stuck..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tomorrow i am going to remove the pads and try and take some pictures and post them up hear to see what you guys think. Im just praying it has nothing to do with the forks thats a bill i don't need right now for sure! Stay tuned for pictures maybe you guys will see something i didnt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts