Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.

Well... recently my tacometer needle has just stopped working. It will either not move or it will just kinda slowly vibrate, imagine a tachnedle that WANTS to move but is somewhat stuck and you have the right picture. That is what I thought it was so I took apart the gauge besel and looked around. Nothing... the tach needle spins just fine. I plugged it back in and this time listened intently as I flipped the key and I can hear a distinct electrical buzing sound and when I put my finger on the tachneedle I can feel that buzzing sound as friction.

So... my question is... wth is wrong? Could it be a short somewhere in the system? Is there a seperate tach fuse? Could it be that since I have aftermarket front and rear turnsignals that somehow there is to much current running through?

I tried to trace the wires from the gauge console and it looks to me like they have nothing to do with the turnsignals at all... except for the fact that without the gaugecluster installed you can not activate your turnsignals.

Please help me out a bit here. 695$ for a new gaugecluster is NOT what I want to spend money on.

Thanks
E

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Warranty should cover it no problem. Check ebay there are gauges on there all the time in the 150$ range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts