Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ridden the 04 and 05 bikes and got a view on the relative merits, particularly the engine?

the bike press in the UK seem pretty inconsistent in their views on the two bikes engines - some say the 05 is noticeably different to the 04, others imply there is not really much in it

also, anyone got any thoughts on the power of these bikes vs the competition (gsxr etc)? does the rr feel a little weak in the midrange compared to these bikes (or is this just journalists getting carried away?) also, is it absolutely necessary to gear down the rr? - whichever i get, would rather not change the gearing as it changes the accuracy of the speedo + also means the bike will show more miles than its actually done (i think) but know its a popular mod.

am deciding between an 04 with mods (and cash saving) vs an 05. my original view was to go 04 as i live in london and the bike is going to end up taking a few knocks + i'm gonna ride it on the track, but have been offered a pretty tempting deal on an 05 and am pondering which way to go.

any thoughts appreciated...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Motors are similar, the 05 having just a tad more midrange.

The reason to get the 05 is lighter weight, USDs's and Radial Brakes.

Plus, it looks cooler :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I went throught the same thing, except with an 04 1000RR. Went with the 05 600, and have no regrets whatsoever. Get the 05, put your own miles on it, and be proud of being the first owner. I have not ridden an 04 600, but according to the guys at the dealership that have ridden both, the midrange is quite a bit stronger. But on a final note, Im sure you would enjoy either one.

·
Registered
931 Posts
just got my 05 today, had an 03 so when it stop snowing and raining ill let ya know what i think. if i remember

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
congrats faygo92... awesome to hear that news..

personally the only think i dont like about the 05 is the front nose with the light...but then again cause its new maybe...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
there is definetely a differnce in mid range between the different brand 600's. I've had 2 2003 cbr 600rrs and one 2003 zx6r 636. midrange is a lot beefier in the 636---it's a wheelie machine!!! the new 636 must be insane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts