Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the bike this weekend and didn't notice this tab busted off on the front of the frame that hold the front lights, cluster, and plastic all on and up. Tab broke off right through the middle of where the bolt threads into which is causeing the nose to dip down about 1". Only reason it doesn't go down farther is that the frame sliders are holding the plastic up from the side.

Wondering if anyone had this issue after a crash or something similar. Buddy of mine told me to go to the autoparts store and pick up the puddy for fixing gas tanks and just mold a new tab onto there. Wondering if this would hold with all the vibrations and weight of the front or no fat chance in hell?

I will get pictures up later tonight after work since it was to dark last night and none came out good.

Let me know your thoughts.

Julian

·
Registered
186 Posts
hey bro mine did the same thing and yes the put will work just fine but you wont be able to do wheelies and stuff like that because the weight when comming back down will break it but yeah mush the putty completly form the mount give it a night to dry sand it shap it drill and tap the hole and you will be good to go

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey bro mine did the same thing and yes the put will work just fine but you wont be able to do wheelies and stuff like that because the weight when comming back down will break it but yeah mush the putty completly form the mount give it a night to dry sand it shap it drill and tap the hole and you will be good to go
You wouldn't happen to know what its called would you? Don't plan on doing wheelies anytime soon and if and when I plan on it I should have a welder that can do aluminum by then.

·
Registered
186 Posts
not off the top of my head but if you go to walmart or any store that sells JB weld it would be in that section, it comes in a tube and I think its called Epoxy but it looks like a log of playdoe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts