Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 honda cbr600rr lost throttle while riding on my way to work, wont start, fuel pump not priming and my fuses are good, getting correct voltage, and my lights dim when I hit the start button. Any other tips?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd start with the easy stuff first , Fully charged battery , connectors are OK from ignition and switch gear, check Kill switch is working

·
Registered
CRB600RR 2004 US SPEC
15 Posts
Hey, I had similar issues and it was the diode under the key barrel, but I found out after changing a ton of expensive stuff. There's a YouTube video that shows how to check it :

·
Registered
14 Posts
2005 honda cbr600rr lost throttle while riding on my way to work, wont start, fuel pump not priming and my fuses are good, getting correct voltage, and my lights dim when I hit the start button. Any other tips?

Hi Hedgehog
Had the same issue with mine, buy a new Rectifier/regulator, bike is not getting sufficient and correct charging voltage, will create the same symptoms u speak off, bike needs a good 12,5v and more to keep all the electronics/sensors etc running comfortably, hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Hedgehog
Had the same issue with mine, buy a new Rectifier/regulator, bike is not getting sufficient and correct charging voltage, will create the same symptoms u speak off, bike needs a good 12,5v and more to keep all the electronics/sensors etc running comfortably, hope this helps
I think I found the issue

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Hedgehog
I think I found the issue
View attachment 224360 View attachment 224361

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well if this isn’t fixed let’s see if I can help you as I have the same bike and I use to have that problem . I would start with the starter relay check that . 2nd use a test light and check the small yellow brick junction of white wires with black strip near the cdi box 5those wires show show positive current meaning the test light should light up if it’s correct if there is no power to those wires it will cause your engine to not start . Check all of the injectors make sure they are seated correctly . Make sure all of the vacune lines were attached

1 - 8 of 8 Posts