Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys its probably posted on here but i cant find a real good asnwer. the guy next door to me totaled his 06 1krr and hes pretty much selling it in pieces. i actually was wondering if i can swap out the whole entire brake setup of the 1000rr into my 03 cbr 600rr. is it a direct bolt on swap?or would i need some sort of bracket or bigger rotors.. im planning on doing the front and rear brake and is it beneficial to me? i do plan on doing track days... and would i need to switch out my whole front end also? thanks for the imput guys.:shakehand

G

·
If you have the OEM forks, the front brakes wont swap over. The rear can, but it's the same brake set-up you already have.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what forks would i need since im still running the same stock forks would i need 1000rr inverted forks and the whole front end and hey i see your in palm beach also im actually in boynton

G

·
Yeah, you would need the inverted forks. You can find a lot of threads on here about the 05-06 600rr fork swap.

I'm actually in that little area that is considered Boynton, but has a Lake Worth zip code, but actually is West Palm on maps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i would need 05-06 inverted forks from a 600rr or from the 06-07 inverted ffrom the 1000rr lol to bad he smashed up his whole front end... his forks where ******* bent to **** lol i see you do trackdays man you gotta teach me how to ride lol since where actually almost in the same area lol ..i want to do a trackday but a racesuit,boots,race fairings and work sucking is not letting me. hopefully in the summer

G

·
Forks from a 600RR or 1000RR will work. 600RR ones will be better since they're the smaller 48mm forks and are lighter. The calipers from 05+ 600rr's are the same as the 1000rr.

I think the only stuff needed are the fork legs, calipers, upper and lower triple clamps with bearings, and the clip-ons.

Trackdays can be expensive, but when you're first starting out it's a whole lot cheaper. No need for race fairings really. Good gear will run you maybe $1000, cheaper if getting used stuff. The WERA race forums have a good selection of used gear. Gear is your biggest expense when first starting out, but it can be affordable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey man i appreciate the help. Thanks we gotta ride someday i usually go out with a buddy thats also done trackdays but he owns a 09 zx10 lol, we usually hit some roads in northern palm beach or martin county nothing like a trackday but its pretty fun..hell theres even a few roads in boynton by the way, and running lake osborne around its pretty. fun but yeah man thank you

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
The rear ain't gonna work without some modification.

G

·
I haven't been out to Lake Osborne in a while. Pretty boring doing the speedlimit in there, but it's nice to turn. I keep all of my speed for the track, 'cause tickets will cut into that fun time out there, and I'm already spending upwards of $1000 a weekend. My trackbike is my street bike too; just throw on my plate, tail light, mirrors and a small headlight. I get odd looks riding around town with the rashed farings and number plates on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The rear ain't gonna work without some modification.
what modification will it need???? and demented actually yeah running around residential areas not the smartest because of cars pulling out but its not bad ... and actually ive been pulled over once and got let off because of my buddy with the 10 military ID gets you out of alot of sh!t

1 - 10 of 10 Posts