Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so....late december of 06 i was involved in a hit and run on my RR. since then i havent done much of any riding because South Florida (especially Miami) drivers suck. The entire front end of the bike was replaced along with a complete set of plastics and a couple of other minor pieces. ive sorted out pretty much all of the issues on the bike except for one, my fuel guage.

Ever since the accident my fuel guage has been marking wrong. When the tank is completely full it will only mark 2 bars. at some point as i burn off most of the fuel and the tank is getting to empty itll drop down to one bar. beyond that it will not change. you can run the bike dry and itll never blink the last bar and no matter how much fuel you add it'll never go higher than two bars.

Any help you guys could give me to help me resolve this issue would be great, im getting tired of running out of gas.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
Hmm maybe your fuel regulator isn't plugged in. If you lift the tank up, you will see what im talkin about.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Take the fuel cap off and see if the float or whatever moves. I don't know if it is a float or what tells the fuel level but (this is just a maybe situation) maybe it is stuck or whatever from the jolt of the crash. After that, check all your connections. If all alse fails, get a new fuel pump. They have to be pretty cheap to get.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A float inside the tank does indicate the fuel level.

It is kind of funny though. The fuel pump will go into the tank two ways.

One way is much more difficult to get in the tank correctly, but it is the correct way.

The other method is much easier, but happens to be the wrong way....

If the fuel pump assemply is installed incorrectly, you will get the wrong fuel level indication on the gauges.

If I can get a picture, I will post it up so you can verify if your assembly is installed correctly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lastly, the flot could be damaged from the accident etc.

If so, it is an easy fix and cheap to get a fuel pump assembly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It really pisses me off how common hit and runs are with bikes... I guess its hard to hit and run with a car but this just shows how many assholes there really are in the world...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
go by mileage instead if you're too lazy, since this problem does not effect the function of the machine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts