Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
irecently changed the spark plugs, oil, oil filter, and air filter.
after i performed the oil change i checked and the oil was a bit under the upper line, i then went to school, when i got back home i heard a light knocking noise right next to the rear brake peg, i checked the oil it was a by the lower line so i added more until it reached the top line. the noise didnt go away so i changed the spark plugs, the noise is still present, its a light knocking, idont know if my bike always made that noise but i dnt remember hearing it, i noticed it after the oil change.
bike is 06 600rr with 17k miles.
i dont know if this noise is normal or not but ive heard that knocking noises are always bad.
please help if u have an idea of what it is or what could have caused the noise and how serious it is.
thanks

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
could be piston slap? got a vid that you can post so we can hear it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it kinda sounds like both, ill post a video when i get home.
i was thinking it might be a piston also, cause i was messing with a spark plug but i never took it off so maybe i left it a little loose n it messed up a piston , but idk, im just worried that its something serious or that will get worse if i dnt fix it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
How much oil did you oil did you add originally?

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
cct will sound more like a metal whirrling sound, sometimes like a very fast click,

what kind of oil did you use?

what kind of oil filter did you use? if its K&N, TAKE IT OUT NOW!!!! they have been known to have pressure issues and will cause the motor to sounds really loud and knock or click,

I just got a 03 that had a k&N,

I changed the oil with T6, shell and a MObile 1 filter, and it quieted the bike down dramatically,

what plugs?
what air filter?

how does it idle? everything was connected back up correctly?

waiting on the vid,

·
Registered
128 Posts
cct will sound more like a metal whirrling sound, sometimes like a very fast click,

what kind of oil did you use?

what kind of oil filter did you use? if its K&N, TAKE IT OUT NOW!!!! they have been known to have pressure issues and will cause the motor to sounds really loud and knock or click,

I just got a 03 that had a k&N,

I changed the oil with T6, shell and a MObile 1 filter, and it quieted the bike down dramatically,

what plugs?
what air filter?

how does it idle? everything was connected back up correctly?

waiting on the vid,

:+1:.......................:shakehand

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I have had a k&n for 18k and no problems and use mobile one and change it on time

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
may be cct

took it to my friends bike shop, he said its a normal noise.
used mobile 1 motorcycle oil 2.9 quarts , then added .4 more. honda oem oil filter was used.
and it does sound like a fast chain clicking noise.
is it normal?
does it affect the bike or will it get worse?
how can i get rid of it?
thank u all who posted on this thread.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
It is normal of you were still wondering

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
183 Posts
I get a noise similar what u described. Never made much of it tho. 10plate with 4k miles.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've used K&N oil filters on mine, and noticed no difference in engine noise over the OE Honda filter. Though I strictly use OE Honda now.

A loose spark plug could cause this noise you are describing. If you think you didn't tighten it completely, DO NOT RUN THE ENGINE until you fix it! You could ruin the threads down in the head, and then you'll be in for a lot more work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts