Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a track bike. I've been following this bike since I heard it got crashed. The guy just bought it back from the insurance company last week.

SALVAGE TITLE, 2006 600RR, orange tribal, 4K miles, two bros slip on, PCIII, new Pilot power rear, All plastic is decent shape, only some scuffs here and there (like it fell on grass not asphalt), comes with a brand new tail section and right mid.

Needs: (Guy's room mate works at a honda dealer so all parts at cost.)
Subframe (barely tweeked) ~150
Right rearset ~80
Front tire ~120

Total parts needed to be ready to ride $350

The bike looks great, was in a simple lowside and was totaled because of a 1/2" scratch on the bottom of the frame where the brake lever got bent and scratched it. Frame, forks, everything look to be staight.

The bike would look new from 10 feet away.

This would be a track only bike since it's salvage and I can't get it titled for the street.

What do you think the bike is worth?? Help me out!!! I've got to tell them tomorrow what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
You can title a salvage bike for street riding in every state. You just need to get it inspected in most cases. Anyways I don't know how much its worth.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hmm with all the mods you mentioned I'd say 5.5-5k max.... Salvaged bikes were always a concern for me riding track or street...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah, don't buy that...even for the track. The insurance co totaled it because the frame is trashed. Do you really think they'll total a bike just because it has a few minor broken parts and a scratch on the frame and give a payout on a current year bike?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Some insurance companies do, my first bike was a ninja 250 back in the day, I got it less than a year old with only 800 miles on it. The previous owner had laid it down at a low speed and the only thing wrong was the front fork was tweaked and left rearset was broken. I got it for less than 1K. I had a shop check the frame to make sure it was good. So who knows you might come across a jewel every now and then!

·
Registered
130 Posts
A salvaged bike does not always mean a troubled bike. Back when I selling motorcycles, I sold one of the sharp black and orange GSXR 600's. A week later, kid comes back in after a slow lowside (< 20 mph). Plastic is naturally scuffed, so is the handlebar and case. Wheel has a good ding it and definitely needs to be replaced. Otherwise, its good. However, it had the smallest of nicks in the fork lower and the swingarm. Neither one had any affect on the structural integrity. But they got written up in the estimate as needing to be replaced and thus, the bike was totalled. Felt really bad for the kid cause he was a good guy.

The insurance companies and dealers need to write up the quotes properly since many of these bikes are owned by the banks. While those nicks didn't hurt the bike physically, it lowered its resale value. This means the banks collateral is worth less than it should be, so the policy is to repair the bike back to fully perfect condition. If that ends up totalling the bike, oh well, neither the bank or the insurance company could care. If you ever end up in that type of situation, make sure to talk with the service guys ahead of time and see if they'll help you out and overlook cosmetic stuff that doesn't affect the safety/performance of the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up an '05 salvage title to turn into a track bike. Most likely it was a theft recovery since it was silver & had been spray painted black. The only thing wrong w/ it, is the coolant tube is crushed & missing both mid fairings. Has c/f hugger, levers & chain gaurd & a Micron exhaust.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The bike was totaled because it could be. NOT because it sustained substantial damage. I know the guy at the honda dealer who wrote up the estimate and it is amazing how much stuff adds up when you count every fairing, fastener, etc.

Anyway so a good condition salvage title 06 600rr....what would it be worth??

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
dwhiteF4i said:
Yeah, don't buy that...even for the track. The insurance co totaled it because the frame is trashed. Do you really think they'll total a bike just because it has a few minor broken parts and a scratch on the frame and give a payout on a current year bike?

Insurance companys total bikes when they will cost 80% of the value of the bike to fix.
They have to include the frame becasue it has a scrtach. Every prt with a sratch must be included in the estimate.

I paid 3800 for my 2005 salvage tittle 600rr with 3300 miles on it.

Heres what my bike looked like when i bought it. It was totaled because all the parts needed would exceed 80% of the value.

Most bikes will be VERY close to being totaled by just having to replace damaged plastics..

But what do i know,i was only in the motorcycle buisness for 15 years...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too am selling a salvaged titled 2005 race bike, and as far as my $6,500 asking price you can't build a bike this cheap. You just never know what you are getting, I believe this one was totalled due to cosmetics, but I ended replacing the frame anyways.

Salvaged California Title w/ Current Plate, Tags, & Registration
New Frame & Engine with all Matching VIN’s
Tigerteam race prepped Chassis
Tigerteam Racing Supersport Spec Engine
New Millennium Technologies cylinder plating, New Vance & Hines Competition Valve Job, New bottom end, New Pistons, New Rings, New Valves and Springs, HRC ECU, Leo Vince Exhaust, Aftershocks Re-Valved Front Forks, Ohlins Steering damper, Translogic Plug and Play Powershifter, Vortex Rearsets, Vortex 520 Conversion, Dynojet Powercommander, Goodridge Superbike 2 into 1 Brake Lines, EBC Brakes, Hotbodies Bodywork w/ Factory Red Paint, Stock Shock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts