Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two weeks ago me and my buddy on his 1000RR were on I-15 when this guy in a highly moded BMW flew by us at about 100mph, so being the two RR riders we are we took off after him. He gave us the thumbs up and we punched it, we were up to around 125 and he just followed us real close up to about 130 he decided to pass us and did until my buddy on the 1000RR flew by him with me being dragged behind, to sum it up fast riddin on public streets is dangerous but sure is fun

·
Registered
870 Posts
Live and let live...

If a man feels the need to ride like that it is his decision, I am not my brothers keeper.

Peace

·
Registered
865 Posts
im tired of all these "what should i do", "should i trade my bike for this or that" threads...do what makes you happy people..at the end of the day youre the one who has to live with your own decision, does it really matter what other people think?......sorry rant over.

·
Curve Connoisseur
916 Posts
i'm so sick of hearing all these adolescents talk about racing cars.......thank fast and furious for this bs we have to deal with now, you wanna impress someone on this board junior? pass them on the inside thru the corkscrew, until then stay in the sandbox where u belong......

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Legendary, no one is telling anyone to trade or buy anything, i was just stating that there are alot of people on this site that don't ride there bikes as they are meant to be, and for those of us that do they call us stupid or whatever. In all in all they just wasted $9k

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Live and let live, tell someone crashes, dies or kills someone else then starts a hundred news agencies call us "reckless youths" who kill themselves and risk others on our "sportbikes." Its worked in california and now we are state trooper enemy number one in many states. Go get your speed ya ya's out on the track, be responsible. Trust me, if u get someone else hurt or killed it won't be live and let live from inside a prison cell after u recover from your injuries (if your there to recover at all).

I enjoy spirited riding but not a damn highway. Thats what backroads are for and even then u can't push that last 10% on the street otherwise your asking to get burned. Yes, there are those that ride like grandma's around here but thats there choice. I ride semi-aggressive on the street and highway, mostly to make my presence known if someone is distracted while driving or when I pass semi trucks (I sure as hell know they can't see me most of the time).

"riding as it was meant to be ridden" is a relative term, u can see by my avatar I ride hard, but guess were that was taken? The track.

·
Curve Connoisseur
916 Posts
onelildude said:
Legendary, no one is telling anyone to trade or buy anything, i was just stating that there are alot of people on this site that don't ride there bikes as they are meant to be, and for those of us that do they call us stupid or whatever. In all in all they just wasted $9k
hey since you know "how to ride"......whens the last time you dragged your knee around a sweeper at a buck 10...............

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Virgil I would think an US Army Infantry troop would have went along with me, but i guess not. Us here in the Air Force, well some of us do Really Ride, and yes on public roads and on the track. also just f.y.i. i have been in a wreck like most on this site, but i got back on and ride on real fast.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts