Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I just picked my bike up from getting a custom map. I found some interesting things out when I was there.

My bike is an 06 600RR with a Yoshi R5 Carbon Cone slip on with a BMC air filter and a PCIII USB.

The Dyno Run with the Jardine slip on map = -25HP, When compaired to the stock map WTF, The Leo map was better but still bad. I would strongly suggest that NO-One with a R5 slip on and a high flow air filter run those maps. I couldnt believe it, until I saw it with my own eyes.

The Custom map gave me an extra 2.5+HP though the lower range, between 1 and 2hp in the mid range, and 3hp in the high end. The stock map had me just over 100HP. The Jardine Map was just over 77HP.

I'm at work now, but I'll post the map up when I get home in a few hours.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dyno tuner said that the Jardine slip on map was running way to f'ing rich through the whole range, especially at 60 to 90% throttle. There was a power drop of 20+ HP at 60% throttle with the Jardine map.

I have a Yoshi pipe, and I followed the advise of others and ran the Jardine or Leo map until I could get a custom one. That was a bad idea. The stock map does alot better than either of those with my setup. I knew that it was running rich due to it shooting flames out of the pipe if I got on the throttle and let off quickly.

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
I have the same bike, slip-on, air filter and PC3. Here is the numbers before and after the tune. The before is with the Jardine S/O map. It wasn't that bad at all, ran great. Runs a HELL of a lot better now that it's tuned obviously. Each bike is going to react differently but your's seems to be the extreme.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I posted the wrong map. Sorry about that. This one only has between 90% 100% throttle tuned. I'm away from my laptop and my bike at the moment, I'll post the full one tomorrow morning.

Well, here you go as promissed. A copy of my custom map. This was done by Red Racing in Boca Raton FL. Great Guys over there, they are a harley shop, but they tune all types of bikes. Bob is the dyno man. He maps all types of bikes, and does it well - they have the new Dyno 250 dynojet, and the prices are great. (you can get a good custom map for 160 to 200). You can tell that Bob likes what he does. I paid up front and he refunded me 40 bucks when I picked the bike up.

(he said yeah, we are even honest with Honda riders).

I called before I stopped by to pickup the bike and they said that I would be impressed. ( I think everyone in the shop looked at the difference between that jardine map and the custom one). I can say that I am impressed.

After getting the bike on the road for a while there are a few spots that might need some fine tuning. I am figuring thats mainly due to having actual wind instead of the Fans used on the Dyno machine. Anyway, its still 100% better than it was before the map, and doesnt backfire every time you get on it and let off the throttle. Nice throttle responce through the full RPM Range, and a noticable power increase from the Stock Map.

Yoshi R5 Carbon Slip On Custom Map. Now everyone doenst have to use a map like the Jardine slip on one - until they get a custom one done like I did. Remember that every bike is different, and if you use this map. You should go get pay for an hour of dyno time to get it fine tuned for your bike.

In a few weeks, I'm going to take it to Racin Rays Automotive in Miami FL to have it fine tuned just a little more. I can say that I am happy with this map, and for the price and service you cant beat it. Although Ray manages to get even more out of every bike that I have seen that already has a custom map. He works some magic.

Sherpa

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess i pissed away $800 on a pc3 and yoshi slip on. bummer

Just dont run that Jardine Map. I dont know what the problem is with it. On mine there was a drop in power at 60% throttle, and the curve that you see above turned into a downward jaggid line, until 70% then up, then down...

You'll definetly see a big difference with the Yoshi and PCIII - A good change, as long as its mapped anywhere from Really Well to just OK.

·
Professional smart @ss
2,345 Posts
the dealership is installing all that stuff right now, not sure how they will map it. i just hope i see results for the price i paid.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you pay for a custom map or did you just pay for the parts, and for them to get the Pipe and power commander installed? If you didnt have them map it. I would strongly suggest sticking with the Stock PCIII Map- or using the one that I posted until you can get one fine tuned for your bike. The one that I posted above gave my bike a little less HP than you see on TheX's chart, and 2 to 3 HP more than the stock map through the whole range. TheX's is perfectly tuned to his bike.

Using the map I posted, it shouldnt take more than 1 hour of dyno time to get yours fine tuned.

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
They had my bike on the dyno all day, and a full tank of fuel. Well worth the time and extra money.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah, no worrys about PCIIIs. Just get a custom map It's worth it. I went from 101 to 110 in the top end from my map. (remember that these numbers can only be compared to runs on the same dyno)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I posted the wrong map. I'm away from my laptop at the moment. This one only has between 90 and 100% throttle tuned. I'll post the full one when I get home tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
564 Posts
im a bit confused by all this, ive got a pc III, rs-5 slip on and a k&n filter.

can't really afford to get a custom map at the mo, i havn't mapped my bike with my pc III yet because its new....... what pc III map should i run??

thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I've been away from the computer. I'm going to post a good map for an R5 and an aftermarket air filter asap. I have to find my usb cable, get off work, have time to copy the map over to my laptop. I'll keep you posted.

The one that I posted the other day on this thread will work for now. Its basically the jardine slip on map with customizing done for an R5 slip on, and BMC filter from 80% to 100% throttle. So its still better to run than any of the other ones from the power commander site, but its not the full custom map that I got done. As soon as I have time I'll post the full one up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been away from the computer. I'm going to post a good map for an R5 and an aftermarket air filter asap. I have to find my usb cable, get off work, have time to copy the map over to my laptop. I'll keep you posted.

The one that I posted the other day on this thread will work for now. Its basically the jardine slip on map with customizing done for an R5 slip on, and BMC filter from 80% to 100% throttle. So its still better to run than any of the other ones from the power commander site, but its not the full custom map that I got done. As soon as I have time I'll post the full one up.

Cool. i am looking forward to trying it out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts