Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda CBR600RR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, I’ve been scouring this forum for the past 2 days. I bent my front wheel of my 06 CBR 600rr after murdering a duck at 145mph. Besides that I can’t find if 07-13 front wheels work with my 06. Can someone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
2006 Honda CBR600RR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply. I’m in New York. Didn’t know the wheels could be straightened.

·
Registered
2006 Honda CBR600RR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So went to a shop and my bend is too far into the body of the wheel. Does anyone know how to make the 07+ wheel fit the 06?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, I have nothing of consequence to add to the conversation, but I gotta ask...WTF happened at 145 mph that caused you to end up with a bent wheel, a dead duck and your life still intact??? This has got to be one hellova story.

·
Registered
2006 Honda CBR600RR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea it was pretty crazy I was doing high speed runs with a few friends(which I don’t like)... either way I’m pinned and this duck runs in my path. This duck literally exploded upon impact. Blood and guts everywhere pants, shoes, fairings, wheels(bent now), feathers, and there was cooked meat on the header. All in all I’m surprised I kept straight after impact. No wobble or anything. A lot were surprised I didn’t go down. I dedicated myself to that duck. Perhaps I would’ve reacted I probably wouldn’t be here or if it was a deer.

·
Registered
2006 Honda CBR600RR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also quick update if anyone wants to chime in on how to make a 07 wheel work on a 06 CBR 600rr please do so... I went and got my wheel straightened by some dude who charged too much. And on top of that my wheel is still slightly bent. Definitely not as bad as before but still not confidence inspiring to ride normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts