Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 600rr headlights will not turn on. I have checked the fuse and the on swithc to make sure the wires were still connected. i also swapped fan relay with headlight relay and still neither turned on. It also wont show the brights light when the switch is on brights. The turn signals will show up on gauge cluster though. I know it isnt the bulbs because i put a paper clip in the harness and got the headlight to turn on but not sure which pin. My tailight also doesnt get brighter when pressing brakes. Even after adjusting the sensors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes its connected. If i disconnect and jump the blue and black the headlight will turn on so i know its not the bulb. Could the switch be broken just for the lights because the turn signals work. The highbeam light on cluster doesnt come on either

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
What was the last electrical thing you've installed on your bike? Some aftermarket parts short out your electrical system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent installed any. I just got it a few weeks ago. It has a power commander and none of the lights or anything were on because it was gonna be a race bike. Im more concerened with the tailight right now. It stays lit (both bulbs) even with both sensors unplugged. It is the stock light.

·
Registered
913 Posts
open up the right control housing and look at the wireing to the starter switch....there have been a few links about the headlights not working because of a wire int he housing...

it's weird the turnsignals work but the brake light doesn't....they are on the same fuse... have you checked all the connections for the tail/brake light?? I know there are 3 or 4 connections back there and I had to mess with mine to get everything to work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mean the turn signals show up on the Cluster unlike the light for the brights. I have no turn signals at all plugged in on the bike. All fuses are good though. The brake light fuse was out at first but I replaced it. Could it be a faulty tail light that's making it stay bright? It can't be a short can it, if the light is on?

·
Registered
913 Posts
so you have no turn signals plugged in but the indicator on the dash blinks like you have turnsignals plugged in??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya it indicates left and right but I just don't have turn signals to plug In. How would I go about rewirng the tail light without using stock harness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts