Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick up my 06 cbr this week/weekend. It is about two hours away and dont want to ride it on the highway as its my first bike and I have under 20 hours of riding experiance. So I was wondering if anyone has experiance with loading it in a mid-sized truck for my case a 2002 tacoma. And any tips for getting it up and down? Or should I just suck it up and rent a small U-haul? Any advice tips are welcome!

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
it'll fit. jes leave the tailgate down and take two straps with you. i always bring my bikes back to mo val that way. a ramp is gonna be a good idea, too. i jes strap mine from the triple and it's fine for the 2hr drive.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
is it a 4 door taco, or a 2 door.
the 4 door ones have a 4.5' or so bed.
the 2 door trucks have a 6' bed.

it will fit in both but its much easier w/ the 6' bed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it a 4 door taco, or a 2 door.
the 4 door ones have a 4.5' or so bed.
the 2 door trucks have a 6' bed.

it will fit in both but its much easier w/ the 6' bed.

oops, good question. Its a 2 door with small rear cab.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
it will be fine.
i haul bikes all the time in my Colorado w/ a 6' bed.
u will have to leave the tailgate down unless u want to put the bike in at an angle, then u can put the tailgate up.

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
if you and get the truck lower than the bike

·
Registered
579 Posts
I put mine in a chevy s10 crew cab, i have a 4ft bed, with the tailgate down

·
Registered
34 Posts
not to threadjack, but semi related question. i'm picking up a bike friday, has anyone ever rented the motorcycle trailer from uhaul? All I can get a hold of by friday is a work van, so I'm gonna need a trailer

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^They are correct...I also have loaded up my bike into a 2dr tacoma and fits just fine...with the tailgate down.
Yeah, definitely don't ride it back! :wave:

Messed up. Its a 4 door so the bed is smaller and looks like a tight fit. Might do a Uhaul trailor depending on price or will try to find a bigger bed.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
not to threadjack, but semi related question. i'm picking up a bike friday, has anyone ever rented the motorcycle trailer from uhaul? All I can get a hold of by friday is a work van, so I'm gonna need a trailer
what kinda van is it? a lot of ppl actually jes load them in the back of vans...like the ford econoline ones.

·
Registered
34 Posts
it's an econoline actually. it has shelving welded on the sides though. guess i need to take some measurements and see if it will fit.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
yea and if it doesn't....the u-haul trailers work jes fine. i've seen ppl at the track with those too. not motorcycle specific, you jes use some straps and get her in there.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
yea i was thinking of getting one of their long trailers for the next trackday. i usually use my trailer, but it only holds 2 bikes. i wanna take my two, but still need an additional spot for my brothers bike.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
all day long in the tacoma and we took a u-haul trailer to the dragon

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
u can still fit it in the bed of a double cab tacoma.
i see it done a lot, u might just have to put it in at an angle, tailgate down.

·
Registered
170 Posts
6 foot box will fit with tailgate up..4.5 will with it down..your cool.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts