Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guy I have an 06 CBR 600 I just purchased the bike and it does have some issues. The thing that has me stumped is a funny noise I am hearing it is coming from the cam chain area. When I tac bike up and the release the throttle I it sounds like the cam chain is slapping around or the guide is making some type of noise,But otherwise it makes no noise. The previous owner said the shop told him it was clutch basket noise but I know what that sounds like and I don't think that is it.. O yea the bike has 11,000 miles on it.

HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
not sure if this is related but im hearing some noise when my engine is revving over 5k. i think its coming from the right side front area or even clutch case area. driving me insane.

·
Registered
247 Posts
that is the same noise EXACTLY that my 03 is making. just 9k on the clock. Shes parked for now but I'm thinking its the cam chain tensioner as well. No loss in power at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well bike is in the shop now it's needs a valve job, cam chain and CCT... The previous owner may have ran it hot, it may need a head gasket pending the leak down and compression test.......

·
Registered
247 Posts
good luck busaboy! Mine is parked gonna put a cct on it and see if that takes care of the noise. wouldnt you notice a performance difference if the valves were out?

·
Registered
247 Posts
that sound is for sure the cct. My bike been parked for over a week and i just put on the ape manual, and no more rattle. My 03 sounded identical to the 7stars in the vid above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts