Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, $2000 for a 2006 seems really cheap, but I doubt that those forks are still perfect with that front end damage on the bike.
:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering the same thing, $2000 for a 2006 seems really cheap, but I doubt that those forks are still perfect with that front end damage on the bike.
:dontknow:
I know what you mean. Wonder how much it would be to get her decent with the front end stuff....

·
Registered
138 Posts
You can always look for some prices on the front parts from CL or EB or Forums and do an estimate of how much would it cost.
I you go for it, I would take someone who knows how to tell if the forks/frame are actually good.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, but right now I'm in South Carolina til March 20th.
I just talked to him and he said the person did an illegal U-turn in fron of him and it was a "tire to tire" hit FWIW.
Another thing was that it only has 300 miles? Pretty low for an 06! IDK something fishy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just off the top of my head.... If I miss anything point it out:

If you want it to look good

Plastics - $800- $1000 Excellant used OEM or $500-$800 Aftermarket
Fairing stay used $100
Gauges - maybe $175
Winshield - $25
Cables - $75

I may of missed some few things but you're at least looking at $900 and up to $2k. Plus chances are it has a salvage so resale will suffer.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
It could easily have 300miles folks. My brother's bike was one of the first orange tribal 2006 RR's in his area. He had to have the bike even though he couldn't ride and never owned one before. It was sold recently with 300 original miles, he never rode it, it just sat in his garage. In fact, I rode it one day for part of those miles...sad but true. The bike was purchased by a friend of his recently for 0 and pay off the loan. Perfect f-ing bike in every way!!! My brother just wanted to free up his credit. Never dropped, not a scratch. The douche who bought it luckily got full coverage cuz he wrecked it also!! The insurance paid the loan off and the guy ended up with $80 bucks in his pocket...end of story...end to a perfect bike due to noob's and posers!

His bike is now being sold off for salvage at just over 300miles on the clock.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty much I'm looking for a track bike. The price is great but I dont want it to end up costing more than what I can get it for clean. If that makes sense.
I dont know, Im in SC for another month so I guess if he still has it, I'll take a look. If not then Im sure there will be another one around the corner....

·
Registered
73 Posts
i would stay away.. just my opinion but 170 Mph on the highway with an iffy front end doesnt give me a good piece of mind.. if your gonna try to rebuild it do it right just my .02

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i would stay away.. just my opinion but 170 Mph on the highway with an iffy front end doesnt give me a good piece of mind.. if your gonna try to rebuild it do it right just my .02
Oh I know what youre saying.
Its gonna be a project bike. So Im mainly worried that the frame and engine is good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts