Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a quick detail today. Didn't have any chain lube, so couldn't do a full wash with the hose.

Quick wipe down with windex
clay bar
IPA
Glaze
Seal
Wax (coming tomorrow)

Little cold to be going out looking for a primo location, so my side yard will have to do.

And the new swing arm so I can finally get rid of those extensions. Got it off ebay for $70 to my door. Came off a bike a guy blew the motor on after 2,000 miles when he decided to run nitrous through it at the drag strip. Said he tried to run a 100 shot and it didn't hold :eek:

And the piece that was ground off the stock one making it useless.

On a side note, thinking of powder coating the swingarm, pegs, rear sets, passenger pegs, exhaust shielding, and gas cap black. Any other parts that would need to be powder coated so it all matches?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
That color looks excellent. I was going to mention the swing arm, but it seems like you took care of that. Great job so far, it looks very unique.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. It's a Lambo green with a gold flake and a gold pearl. Really pops in the sun. The swingarm was the POs excellent idea.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I was gonna say man, don't drink the water where your at, you washed your honda into a kawasaki

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the best pic I could find of it in the sun.

And as you can see, I'm big on different pearl colors. Here's my freshly painted mustang color. Blue pearl over fleet white.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
wow, you have good taste in colors. They're not too flashy, but they really stand out when you get up close. That tank is perfect looking.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm wishing on the mustang we would have added a blue metal flake. The pearl on the white in the bright sun just blinds you. Now with sunglasses on, under fluorescent lighting, or when the sun isn't high in the sky, the blue really pops. I keep thinking a blue metal flake would've helped with the bright sun a little as far as color goes, but oh well. They are both very subtle which was the idea.

On both, the pearl only pops on the hard body lines. Neither one ever look like the pearl color all the way down a body panel.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I remember doing the pearls back in 1993ish, I was one of the first people around here with it on my bike, it was a flip flop made by sikkens paints. I've always liked paint you really have to look at to enjoy, like ghost flames, pearls, etc.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a brief timeline of the mustang.

When I first got her. Completely stock except for window tint and magnaflow magnapacks catback

Lowered 1.5 inches and left out the isos. Total drop about 2 inches.

Also added mach 1 chin spoiler

Car got keyed, so this is respray number 1. GM White diamond pearl and shaved all emblems and radio antenna.

New wheels and tires. 18x9 front and 18x10 stealth black FR500s with Nitto 555s. 265x40 up front, 285-35 rear.

Continued in next post

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The guy that painted it the first time did the door jams and trunk, but didn't touch under the hood and the paint was chipping after 2k miles in the wheel wells. You can see it chipping in this pic.

Paint job number 2. Fleet white with custom blue pearl. This guy did the jams, trunk, under hood, and the finish overall is MUCH smoother. Deeper looking paint and much crisper reflections.

This was paint job number 1 disassembled in his shop

This is paint job number 2, before wet sanding or anything

Huge difference in gloss and clarity.

We also shaved the mustang lettering off the rear bumper, as well the trunk key hole and added some more flat black accents to pull the theme together with the wheels. Their is clear on the black, but with a flattener added. I don't have to tape it off when I polish and wax the car.

Full mod list

Smoked headlights and tail lights
Sequential tail light mod
10k HIDs
20% tint
Magnaflow magnpacks catback
Ford Racing 4.10 gears
MAC cold air intake
MAC prochamber offroad mid pipe
Email tuned
Pioneer 3200dvd touchscreen head unit
Hawk HPS brake pads
Mach 1 chin spoiler
Eibach pro kit lowering springs
Wheels and tires
75mm Roush throttle body
TrickFlow plenum
MM full length sub frame connectors
Mach 1 grill delete

I'm sure their is more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice rides sir. I'm a big Ford fan ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice rides sir. I'm a big Ford fan ;)
Me too. My uncle has an 03 pullied and meth injected cobra making 580 up at the wheel. That car is insane.

The mustang has gotten put on hold since I got the bike, but she's back at the painter having a couple spots fixed and spoiler deleted and the holes in the trunk filled. Should have her back tuesday.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The mustangs newest look. Had to have a couple places touched up on the car and decided to ditch the wing. Long and low looking now.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
get 2 fingers under the front then when can discuss low.. :) oh yeah, photoshop out the the moped and stretched swing arm for better effects!!!

later

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Vespa's is my wife's and she loves it. 250cc and will do every bit of 90 mph. It's actually really fun to ride.

Thanks Boost. I plan on keeping her for when my son turns 16. He's only 3 and 1/2 now so still a ways to go.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts