Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my best friend and I have been riding together for... Well a very long time now, and of course when either of us goes and gets a new bike (which is frequently) we always go find a back road to get a couple races in. We like to find real world results.

So last night was no different on a very long and open stretch of hwy we lined them up to see which bike was quicker. So far the results are:

600: 3 Wins
SV1000S: 1 Win

Now my bike only has a 2 Brothers M2 slip-on and about 500 miles on it, his bike has Yosh TRS full exhaust, PCIII, K&N and -1 tooth on the countershaft. The SV is heavier by about 50lbs and we both weigh about the same (250lbs geared up). Hey dyno'd 117whp/76wtq, I have yet to dyno mine but I'm guessing somewhere around 105whp or so.

The 3 races I won where from a stop, we both left pretty even and he pulls out hard in 1st (torque + gearing is good for him) as I stroll thru 2nd I come up next to him and by the shift to 3rd i'm a solid bike length out, at the end of a 1/4 mile i'm about 2-3 bikes ahead easily.

The one race he won was a 6th gear roll on from about 75mph, just for grins, the twin shines here for sure as he just pulled away pretty easily.

All in all it was a fun night of riding even though I almost low sided in some sugar sand that I didn't see in a corner, that part SUCKED, all I could think of was "**** I don't have my Sliders on yet!" but I saved it, mostly due to luck and the fact the bike is very light, if I had been on my XX or VFR I would have been on the pavement for sure!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Did you expect different results from these races?
I think drag racing the two bikes together is pretty pointless considering the rider has such a big impact on performance.

And should you be floggin your RR like that when it's not even done being broken in?

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
slvrblckrr said:
And should you be floggin your RR like that when it's not even done being broken in?
That's how I broke mine in, and she runs like a champ.

·
Registered
549 Posts
almost everyone I know beats there bike on the break-in period. They all run like raped apes also.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
good fun, no one got hurt and all is well...
point was it it fun....
have ya tried swappin rides and seeing if the resultsd vary?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gee said:
good fun, no one got hurt and all is well...
point was it it fun....
have ya tried swappin rides and seeing if the resultsd vary?
We have swapped bikes a few times but just to see the handling, haven't tried running them again when we swapped. He's got his launch down pretty good on his bike though and I'm still learning the CBR although it's pretty easy. He has so much torque he has to be very careful how he leaves.

It was all in good fun just to see how they performed, we were on a blank stretch of hwy where there was just nothing out there and gave'em a run, all in good fun, nothing serious. I also don't race anyone (or anything) else on the street either but this is something him and I have been doing for years. If someone wants to run me on the street the answer is always No.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts