Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, i have a 2006 CBR600RR project bike that i've been trying to get going as it was a dude when i got it. So far i've been able to get the bike to turn over but it doesn't fire up. When the ignition (ignition was replaced with one off of ebay) is turned to the on position all lights operate just fine but the fuel pump does not prime. I run 12V directly to the pump and it primed just fine which tells me it's not the pump.

BAS has been bypassed
Kickstand switch has been bypassed
Neutral Safety switch tested good
No blown fuses

I'm stomped on what it could be as i've tried many things to get the bike to fire up to no avail. Any suggestions

Ignition harness (I found it weird that the switch connector has 4 wires where as the bike harness only has 2. Is that correct)

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,826 Posts
does the FI lamp come on when you turn the kill switch to run? if it doesn't then your ecu isn't powered up.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,826 Posts
The fi light will come on only for a few seconds then go out when you turn the kill switch to run

If it doesn't do this then your engine stop relay is not on (controlled by kill switch and bank angle sensor) and your ecu is not powered up.

The ecu has nothing to do with the starter motor circuit. So even with the ecu powered down, the bike may crank.

Check the FI fuse as well as the switches in the engine stop circuit if you don't get the few seconds of FI light.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fi light will come on only for a few seconds then go out when you turn the kill switch to run

If it doesn't do this then your engine stop relay is not on (controlled by kill switch and bank angle sensor) and your ecu is not powered up.

The ecu has nothing to do with the starter motor circuit. So even with the ecu powered down, the bike may crank.

Check the FI fuse as well as the switches in the engine stop circuit if you don't get the few seconds of FI light.
Where does the FI light appear

and the FI fuse is good was replaced twice

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,826 Posts
also, you should not have bypassed the kickstand switch.

remove the bypass, and with the bike in neutral the FI lamp will read off any codes to you. (it will blink like it does in the video i posted when the bike is in neutral, and sidestand is down), with the sidestand up it will stay solid.

if there are any codes related to the fuel injection system, the bike will not prime the pump for safety reasons.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also, you should not have bypassed the kickstand switch.

remove the bypass, and with the bike in neutral the FI lamp will read off any codes to you. (it will blink like it does in the video i posted when the bike is in neutral, and sidestand is down), with the sidestand up it will stay solid.

if there are any codes related to the fuel injection system, the bike will not prime the pump for safety reasons.
Reconnected the kickstand sensor and tried. No FI light popped up at all just a constant oil symbol

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,826 Posts
the oil symbol IS the fi lamp. did you watch the video i posted?

with the bike in neutral and kickstand down, the light will blink off any codes. if there are no codes it will come on for a few seconds then go out.

i'm not 100% on the 06, but all hondas seem to do this. if it won't, install a jumper in the service connector between the brown and green wires.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the oil symbol IS the fi lamp. did you watch the video i posted?

with the bike in neutral and kickstand down, the light will blink off any codes. if there are no codes it will come on for a few seconds then go out.
What i meant is the FI light does not appear only the oil lamp i believe which is directly next to where the FI light is suppose illuminate

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,826 Posts
the oil light IS THE FI LIGHT

you may have to put the jumper in the service connector to get the codes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the oil light IS THE FI LIGHT

you may have to put the jumper in the service connector to get the codes.
Kinda confused

the video posted shows a FI Indicator and Oil indicator on the LCD below the Trip Mileage, than you also have the oil light across from the rev light

also if it helps this is also what i'm dealing with, the original owner really did a bad hack job

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,826 Posts
the oil light is what blinks the FI codes.

the FI indicator (not a light) on the dash indicates that the FI system is powered up and good to go.

4:55 in this video shows what should happen when you have the kill switch set to run and turn the key on. see the FI on the dash come on, then go away? does yours do that?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the oil light is what blinks the FI codes.

the FI indicator (not a light) on the dash indicates that the FI system is powered up and good to go.

4:55 in this video shows what should happen when you have the kill switch set to run and turn the key on. see the FI on the dash come on, then go away? does yours do that?

No FI indicator

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,826 Posts
then your ecu is not powering up.

check that you are getting 12v into and out of the kill switch

check that your bank angle sensor is properly bypassed

when you toggle the kill switch, the engine stop relay should click (put your finger on the relay and cycle the kill switch, it should be obvious)

if the relay doesn't click, there's a problem with the kill switch/bas circuit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
then your ecu is not powering up.

check that you are getting 12v into and out of the kill switch

check that your bank angle sensor is properly bypassed

when you toggle the kill switch, the engine stop relay should click (put your finger on the relay and cycle the kill switch, it should be obvious)

if the relay doesn't click, there's a problem with the kill switch/bas circuit.
So my there's 2 wires to the switch, one white and one black

White wire read 13V and black wire read 11.81V

i don't think both are suppose to be having power though if i'm not mistaken

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,826 Posts
white is power in, black is power out. if the switch is closed they'll both be energized.

the black goes to the engine stop relay (two reds, two blacks).

you could try to jump the engine stop relay. install a jumper on the contact side of the relay (the two larger gauge wires)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
white is power in, black is power out. if the switch is closed they'll both be energized.

the black goes to the engine stop relay (two reds, two blacks).

you could try to jump the engine stop relay. install a jumper on the contact side of the relay (the two larger gauge wires)
Could you elaborate

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,826 Posts
If jumping it didnt power up the EFI you need to make sure the separate 30 amp fuse is good. It's in its own holder by the battery. Not in the fusebox and not in the starter relay

1 - 20 of 72 Posts