Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm torn between getting an 05/06 or an 07/08. Just wanted to hear some opinions on what you guys would get if you had the chance and why.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
there were so many improvements to the 07/08 models over the 05/06 models. If the price is similar, I would go with the 07/08 with no hesitation.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found an '08 fairly close to me for sale with a bunch of spares for really close to the same price as an '03 I was looking at. I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger on it. I really prefer the fairings on the 03-06 but I guess I should be looking for function over form.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
08 did produce the most ponies. I had an 08 and loved it!! 07/08 look meaner than the 05/06.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As of right now I have an 08 graffiti, the only reason I got it is because Cyclecruza always boasted great results from it, and although it's my first bike, it will be my last 600, I have no desire for any other brand.from putting 14k miles on it in one year, I can say you will not be dissapointed with an 07/08 bike, from what I hear 1/4 mile 08 is still king to date.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sup monkay! Long time mang. I need to look at the specs. This 08 I found is setup up for track but he has a bunch of street body work and it's titled so it could do a little double duty if I had the itch to get out on the street without too much work. He's asking 4500$. I'm this close to going for it.

Side note, are you guys seeing my sig? This site has been a little whacky for me over the last couple days.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As of right now I have an 08 graffiti, the only reason I got it is because Cyclecruza always boasted great results from it, and although it's my first bike, it will be my last 600, I have no desire for any other brand.from putting 14k miles on it in one year, I can say you will not be dissapointed with an 07/08 bike, from what I hear 1/4 mile 08 is still king to date.
Really? I've had more people tell me over the last week that the Hondas are the most underpowered in the class. To the point of vomiting in my mouth. Or are just comparing RR's through the years?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
08. Much lighter, More resale value, More Flickable, more readily available parts....just a better bike really.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It'll take getting used to that upper fairing, but again, I should be looking for function over form. Must. Ignore. Nose. Fairing. Lol

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Really? I've had more people tell me over the last week that the Hondas are the most underpowered in the class. To the point of vomiting in my mouth. Or are just comparing RR's through the years?
They are the most underpowered and the '08 does hold the best time amongst the CBRs BUT they do have formidable midrange that helps for street rides.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured a regear to suit the tracks I visit the most will be in order. And I'm not fast enough to worry about being 'underpowered' TBH. I mean it's a 600cc sportbike right? I'm just planning to enjoy a handful of track days with it. No racing where that might come into play.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'm in the same boat Fader wanting to do track days and not race. Then this begs the question, if you are not racing what really matters if you go with an 03 vs an 08? For me I started on a 07, currently have a '13 but want an 07-08 for track duty and keep the zexy 13 for the streets if and when I venture out.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm in the same boat Fader wanting to do track days and not race. Then this begs the question, if you are not racing what really matters if you go with an 03 vs an 08? For me I started on a 07, currently have a '13 but want an 07-08 for track duty and keep the zexy 13 for the streets if and when I venture out.

Exactly why I asked. Does it really matter? Probably not. I've always loved the look of the 03-06 body work. I guess I wondered if the newer gen bike would be that much of an improvement.

The '08 is just an all around better bike.
And this is what I keep hearing so I'm thinking I should go with the newer gen ride.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
07 for sure. I tracked a 05 600rr and owned a 07 600rr. the 05 is down on power, slower to turn, suspension isn't as good, heavier... the list goes on and on.. the 07+ is a radically better bike.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The only thing I dont like about the 05-06 bike is the tail and gas tank but thats not a problem at all... just swap it to 07+ tail and gas tank and problem solved (to me atleast). Keep in mind 07+ got weight reduction and nothing major unlike the R6 from the same year.
Also another to consider is the amount of fairings/inserts on the 07+. Say you went down and had to replace the whole left side, 05 would only need one piece (normally mid) however for the 07+ you'll be looking at atleast 3 pieces of mids and most likely the lower fairing also (due to its design).

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
they all need a slipper clutch... especially if you plan on hitting the track. more than once i had a scare downshifting without the slipper. i rode my 600rr for a season, parted it and moved on to a 09 zx6r for more power and stock slipper

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 08 I'm looking at has track skins included in the sale and that looks like a lot less pieces than the street wear, no? I haven't seen it in person yet. Only pics.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's a few pics. There's some aftermarket stuff and a bunch of spares. He's asking 4500$ for everything.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts