Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've determined that I have a parasitic drain by pulling the fuses . Upon pulling the bank angle sensor / starter fuse the voltage on my multimeter which was attached to my battery went up about one and a half volts. That's a lot of drain. On the starter side I'm just going to check the connections and test continuance between it and the battery but on the bank angle sensor side I'm a little confused. Any advice would be appreciated. I'll probably just make sure that all the lines are connected correctly and they still in good shape.

I was wondering why my bike wouldn't start even after my battery is fully charged. Test of the battery several times and test it out to be good. Replace the rectifier regulator and the stator. I tested the state and regulated rectifier today and they are in fact charging the battery up to 14 volts but once I turn the bike off the battery is quickly drained.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Do another measurement with everything off:

- measure resistance between BAS/start fuse terminal and chassis ground. Ohms = ???

Process to track down parasitic drain is to:

1. trace all wires going into and out of that fuse.
2. Look for melted and exposed wiring that may be shorting.
3. Disconnect 1st junction and re-measure resistance.
4. If open-circuit/infinite ohms, then short is further downstream.
5. Plug junction back together and continue trace to next junction, unplug, re-measure until you find junctions
6. at some point, unplugging junction will still measure short on that circuit
7. problem is in between that junction and previous one where you had open-circuit/infinite ohms

1 - 2 of 2 Posts