Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats goin on everybody, this is my first post. i bought a real camera to take pis of the bike i got for 2700. i bought in the begining of january. honestly, i found it in a junk yard-autosales type of buisness. the owner goes to private auctions and buys cars and bikes. depending on the condition, hes sells or crushes, or strip it and sell them. anyways i asked if it was goin to be clear he said yes, and if not, i could bring back the bike. well he wanted 3800 for it, and i said no, twice. i showed him 2700 ( i really ha 3500 ) he said no so i left. an hour and a half he calls me to go pick it up. :) took him a three weeks to get my plates. then another week, i get in tha mail a CRISPY BLUE title :) bike was tore up from left side. replaced ignition ( looks like it was stolen, idk) gas cap shifter and mirrors and left mid fairing. all from ebay. total cost in all, $350. the bike dad been drop on the left side. almost forgot, i put new tomahak tires on it. the bike had 3200 miles when i bought it, now it has 8400.its hard to belive. many dont belive me. i will look for the bill of sale and take a pic along with a part of the blue title, to cover vin and address. anyways heres some pics..enjoy... will post more pics, something about exceeding...idk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok im back, had to go create photobucket account. cool pics.. check them out. look for " gutizz600rr "

·
Banned
3,687 Posts
Congrats man! That is an awesome find right there! See there are good crazy deals out there, you just have to look for them.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
That receipt and title is not proof of "actual" selling price. I have no reason to not believe you though. People sell things for too cheap all the time. I like being on the receiving end of those deals. :icon_lol: Anyone can write out a bill of sale for less. In fact, very common to see people do this so as to avoid higher tax costs at the DMV. Some states have gotten smart about it and they go by the blue book value.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Wow, great deal, your lucky if u can find a thrashed 600RR for under 3k.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Some states have gotten smart about it and they go by the blue book value.
Most states and all Canadian provinces do this now. However, if you can get the bike appraised for the value on the bill of sale, you only pay tax on that amount then; regardless of what the DMV says book-value is.

I had a my bike appraised for 1/3 of the amount I paid and only paid tax on the appraised/bill of sales value. ;)

·
Balky Bartokomous
834 Posts
In VA if you get a signed bill of sale notarized the DMV will only make you pay taxes on that amount. Otherwise its Blue Book (or black book, cant remember the difference).

Luckily its pretty easy to become a notary so there are all sorts of shady people lurking with stamps, trying to make an extra $20

·
Registered
176 Posts
nice bike, and good price

1 - 20 of 24 Posts