Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by the auction where I bought the bike that a new fuel pump was put in since the bike sat for 2 years. This could be related to the issue. I took off the front fairing and checked the plug at the gauge cluster, seemed firm.

I checked the resistance at the wiring harness per this thread => http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=221274 and it read 800ohms

I checked the resistance at the fuel pump wiring under the tank, and it also said 800ohms.

My new bike is in pieces, I'd really like to get out and ride it without worrying how much gas I have.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I was told by the auction where I bought the bike that a new fuel pump was put in since the bike sat for 2 years. This could be related to the issue. I took off the front fairing and checked the plug at the gauge cluster, seemed firm.

I checked the resistance at the wiring harness per this thread => http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=221274 and it read 800ohms

I checked the resistance at the fuel pump wiring under the tank, and it also said 800ohms.

My new bike is in pieces, I'd really like to get out and ride it without worrying how much gas I have.

Thoughts?
just fill it. set your trip meter. and drive about 200km. then fill it again and see how many L you put in it (compared to what the capacity is). fuel gauges are not really needed. i havnt owned a bike with one in years. and only ran out of fuel once.. i forgot to switch off reserve once LoL.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the same thing happen to an 03 i had a few years ago. It turned out to be a problem in the dash unit so honda replaced it under warrenty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just fill it. set your trip meter. and drive about 200km. then fill it again and see how many L you put in it (compared to what the capacity is). fuel gauges are not really needed. i havnt owned a bike with one in years. and only ran out of fuel once.. i forgot to switch off reserve once LoL.
I figure it would be nice to have it working for when I want to sell it. I dont have any type of reserve now, so if I go on a long trip I'm going to get nervous.

I had the same thing happen to an 03 i had a few years ago. It turned out to be a problem in the dash unit so honda replaced it under warrenty.
I think my problem is actually in the tank, assuming the the post about resistances in the wiring is accurate.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Page 20-18 from the 03-04 service manual shows the flashing/strobing fuel gauge warning. This means there is a open circuit either in the PIN connector, the wiring harness, or the fuel gauge sensor itself. Check your 3P black PIN connector again. If that doesn't fix your problem you may have to pull the fuel pump and check the fuel gauge sensor.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts

Thoughts?
If you measured the resistance of the fuel sensor, not the harness, you simply need a new pump. And the auction house either lied to you or put in a dud part... I'm tipping the former.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts