Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a daily rider, I fired it up no problem yesterday. Went to turn it on today after doing a little cleaning. Key in, lights on, guages look good, flipped the kill switch, heard the fuel pump priming, went to crank it and my finger slipped off the switch and it kinda did a half turn...so hit it again a second later and i could tell right there it wasnt gonna turn over. thought maybe it was the battery so I charged it but to no avail, still just turns over and over...help:tard:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody? come on guys I got a trackday soon...any ideas? :icon_stud

·
Registered
113 Posts
Whack the throttle wide open while trying to start it? Might change the air-fuel mixture when starting. Or maybe that's only on carbed bikes. As long as you're in neutral, can't hurt to give it a try.

At worst, get someone to help you bump start the thing.

·
Registered
314 Posts
mine did that 1-2 months ago since it had been sittin there for winter
Day before it started first shot perfectly, 2nd day it wouldnt.
I just cracked the throttle while hittin the starter, took a few tries but it fired on up

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
The same thing that Nisgatreaty said to do: Whack the throttle wide open while trying to start it? This same thing happen to me a while back and it worked.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, well ill try and give that a shot. Though this is my daily rider and it fired up no problem twice the night before....

·
Registered
186 Posts

can we get some more info on how it sounds when you try to crank it. could be bad battery or flooded a number of things

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can we get some more info on how it sounds when you try to crank it. could be bad battery or flooded a number of things
Ok well its been 2 days and ive been trying to start it a couple times a day, to the point where the battery starts to die down. then i gotta throw the battery tender on to recharge then give it another try. 2 days of this so somethings obviously up. as far as what it sounds like when i crank it...just turns and turns but doesnt sound like it catching...maybe need new plugs? new fuses? thing is it was just fine 2 nights before hand so I cant really think what it would be...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, you can pull a plug out and check to see if you're getting spark.

First... do you smell fuel when you try to start it?
yeah after cranking it for a few seconds...def smell gas

·
Registered
257 Posts
alot of gas? are you still cracking the throttle open? you might just be flooding it more... this happened to me too a while back... there is a bank angle sensor up front attached to the meter stay... mine came loose and if isnt upright the bike wont start... you can try checking that... but as far as cracking the throttle open, it should enrich itself withou you opening the throttle... try just cranking it for a little without throttle

·
Registered
257 Posts
sorry i forgot to describe the sensor haha... its a little flat black box smaller than your fist with a glossy top... it say honda on it and has an arrow on it that says UP... you have to take your front cowl off toe get to it... it should be mounted between the rwo headlights

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill try the bas sensor...but my bike hasnt been down or even near on its side. and it started fine 2 days ago.....im sure its something pretty simple tho...i hate taking my fenders on and off...oh well. its raining anyways...:all_cohol

·
Registered
257 Posts
do you have a fi light?

·
Registered
257 Posts
ok well take your right fairing off, and you will see two plugs next to wht frame... a green one and a black one... unplugh the green one and that puts your bike in a sort of diagnostic mode... turn on the key in neutral, an the fi light will start to flash... first it will flash slowly, count those flashes, and then it will flash quickly, count those and post the numbers... those numbers are your bike telling you whats wrong.

·
Registered
257 Posts
****left fairing****

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
K, i got a buddy coming over in an hour to help out...thanks amann014, ill post up after doing what you suggested

·
Registered
257 Posts
no problem... let us know what happens or what the code is... im curious....good luck hope you get riding soon...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ahhhhhh, man...well here it is...we tried several things.
1. jump starting...no go
2. recharging the battery...no go (even swapped for a new battery...no go.)
3. Made sure the fuel pump was priming...ie, hearing it.
4. Made sure my power commander was working correctly...visually.

Didnt wanna take the fenders off yet...but next we gotta check the...
1. BAS sensor (bank angle sensor between headlights)
2. ECU -(it maybe fried, having a friend with same bike bring his over to swap ECU's)
3. Plugs (may not be getting spark? get new ones?)
4. .....dont know what to do next.....any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts