Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the PAIR system removal this morning. Thanks to Nemessis for getting me the Kyle racing block off plates. So here's a few pics of the job:-

I already had the airbox removed to fit new throttle cables so this is where I started:-

First unplug the cables and hoses and remove this item:-

I then removed the coil loom to get more room to work:-

Remove the caps:-

Then you should see the reed valves:-

Remove the reed valves which are quite tricky you have to prize out with a screw driver. Also remove the baffles below. Here's the items you should remove:-

Use some silicone RTV on the block off plates:-

And bolt in place:-

Then block off the outlet on the airbox:-

Then its job done, apart from re-fitting the airbox which is a bit of a bitch.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Thanks for the write up I will be adding arrow headers in March and I will be doing the Pair blockoff plates then since alot of stuff will be out of the way.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I was going to attempt this but the airbox removal part made me stop.

Near as I can tell you have to unplug the upper fuel rail, and I was worried fuel would go everywhere.

How'd you guys get through that part?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
There is a electrical connector attaching to the PAIR system...taking the pair out leaving the connector hanging is no problem? no light?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to attempt this but the airbox removal part made me stop.

Near as I can tell you have to unplug the upper fuel rail, and I was worried fuel would go everywhere.

How'd you guys get through that part?
There is something in the manual about de-pressurising the fuel system. But I didn't bother just unplugged it and had rags ready to mop up.

There is a electrical connector attaching to the PAIR system...taking the pair out leaving the connector hanging is no problem? no light?
I've just unplugged it and tied it up. I've ran the bike upto temperature and had no fault lights.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Can this mod be done by going from the front? Like I said I am gonna have the rad. off anyway when installing my headers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can this mod be done by going from the front? Like I said I am gonna have the rad. off anyway when installing my headers.
The only thing I think you would struggle with is removing the hose and blocking off the airbox. You could pssibly block the airbox off from the top or cut the hose and block it off.

Why are you removing the rad to fit the headers? You only need to undo the lower bolt and tilt the rad forward a little.

·
Registered
514 Posts
That is what I ment I am not removing the rad. just tring to make this easy.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
this is how i did it,
i had my rad off because when i installed my arrow headers it was impossible to get to the springs with the rad tilted forward. just not enough room.
with the rad off you can get to the PAIRS easily.

the rad is two bolts, a few hoses and a little coolant draining. it made header install so much easier i cant see why someone wouldnt want to do 5 more minutes of work to save 20 in trying to work around it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
It's mainly for tunning purposes and lose 1 or 2 pounds

·
Registered
245 Posts
so... there is no point in taking it off or for it to even be there.. is it like an "egr" on a car or more like a "air" systemon a car... witch pumps oldechaust back into the intake for emission reasons i guess..

im a bit confused on why you would even do it..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so... there is no point in taking it off or for it to even be there.. is it like an "egr" on a car or more like a "air" systemon a car... witch pumps oldechaust back into the intake for emission reasons i guess..

im a bit confused on why you would even do it..
Exactly that its for emissions, so its not required on race bikes which mine is.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I understand the confusion Blk. I know that extra 1/2 will make no difference on my racebike so I left it on. I figured I would minimize my impact on those around me. our sport is detrimental enough with needlessly adding to it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Question for Steveo RR

I did this mod out of necessity. I was missing the larger hose that went to the airbox (this is on the stolen bike). But it is MUCH easier to do with the radiator off and not taking the airbox off.

But there is one catch. It is difficult to get to the airbox hole. So what I did was find a big bolt, took a ton of silicone and pushed it up into the hole. Now that would seem to serve the same purpose of what you did,but..... My other question is, rather than use block off plates ( I didn't have them) I just left the hoses on and did the same thing by block the hoses. Now the question is.. Do I need to take out the reed valve and all the guts or will this suffice????

1 - 20 of 51 Posts