Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
What size is the hold that must be plugged in the airbox? I need to figure out what I will need to use in order to plug the hole...

·
Registered
114 Posts
i'll measure my plates up for you tomorrow
Thanks Paul. I think that as far as the block-off plates are concerned, I should be ok, since I will custom make something out of sheet metal that follows the contours of the two reed-valve housings.

I was wondering about the round hole in the airbox itself. Is there normally a block-off plate available for this as well?

·
Registered
242 Posts
great write up helped me out a lot!!! but i capped of the airbox using a ace hardware 5/8 in cap, its small and fits perfectly. here is the pic of the box and caps

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
If using the capping method, do we have to remove the reed valves and all the guts? Can the hose be just pulled off and capped?

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Send them an email [email protected]

They will ask you to call it in, sorry I lost the number.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
should the selenoid for this system also be removed?

http://www.peterverdonedesigns.com/600RRpairsmog.htm
If you are reffering to the evap solenoid then I don't know if your bike has one, I thought it was only on Cali bikes. I will look in the service manual to see. But if you have the evap canister you can remove it, and run the hose, all it does is recirculate gas vapors back to the engine. Save all the parts in case they do require it on some inspection.

I just checked the manual and it says "EVAP PURGE CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE/CANISTER(CALIFORNIA TYPE)" so I don't think you have this unless you got a cali bike. I think our bikes are a couple of pounds heavier because of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i know i'm new and all - but i do have 1/2 a brain and it just seems like this whole post was a waste of time - 350lb bike and people are shedding 1lb. crazy.

anyway, from the pics it looked really cool, thought it was gonna do something serious... guess i was wrong.

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
i know i'm new and all - but i do have 1/2 a brain and it just seems like this whole post was a waste of time - 350lb bike and people are shedding 1lb. crazy.

anyway, from the pics it looked really cool, thought it was gonna do something serious... guess i was wrong.
The purpose of removing the pair system is not to remove weight or gain power.

The pair system injects air into the exhaust ports and throws off A/F ratio readings for tuning purposes. Thats it..

Oh,, and it is a 407lb bike BTW..

·
Registered
937 Posts
my bike weights in at 370 pounds in race trim ;-) I guess if I do this it will be 369er

·
Registered
173 Posts
great write up...did the removal and block off plates install last week. Pretty easy. Almost identical to the system and fix on the 04-06 generation R1, which I raced a few years ago.
Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
At last, a straight forward and correct answer by 'Cozey'.

PAIR REMOVAL is only for tuning purposes to enable accurate readings on the dyno etc. and avoid polluting inlet air . It is listed in the HRC Tuning Manual where hose block off bungs are the only parts used. Everything else is left connected probably for WSB Regs ie weight etc

21 - 40 of 53 Posts