Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm wiring my XT GPX Pro 4 laptimer to my bike. I want to record the following 4 items: Gear / RPM / TPS & Brake/Brake Pressure.

I searched the forum, but the pictures are a broken link. Where is the TPS located on an 07/08 (please add pics if you have them). I know it's on the rider's left hand side of the bike, and it goes up to the ECU, but does the ECU output it to the Gauges, and if so what color is the wire?

I will do a post up of my install afterwards. I basically want to record and show things like this video (check out lower left hand side of throttle/brake):

Thanks,
Harry

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was able to figure it out. The TPS Sensor is located behind the CMP Sensor on the left hand side of the bike (beneath your VIN # sticker). I wanted to ensure I had the correct wire on the TPS Sensor for my laptimer install/calibration.

In order to get the Throttle Position calibrated onto the GPX Pro laptimer, you will need to access the Blue Wire with the Yellow Stripe. This will be PIN #31 on the Gray Connector going into the ECU. Once tapped into that wire, the GPX Pro is ready to be calibrated.

Step (1) - Access the calibration screen, and it will ask you to record the TPS pulse with the throttle fully closed in order to calibrate it at 0%. This results in a 1.0V~1.1V.

Step (2) - Afterwards it will ask you calibrate the TPS at full throttle (100% - output of 5.0V). After that you're done, and the throttle position is then recorded as show in the video above.

I will be doing a how-to in another section for the GPX Pro laptimer install with a video of the calibration. Hope this helps someone else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts