Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been covered somewhere on the internet, if not this specific forum, but I know there are a few differences between the 2007-2008 motors vs the 2009-2012 motors and I'm wondering how compatible the 07/08 motors are with the 2009-2012 bikes.

I have a 2012 with a blown headgasket and want to go through the motor, but in the near term I'm trying to find a motor to swap in.

Unfortunately I can't find a clear answer on here or other forums - would I be able to plug & play swap a 2008 motor into a 2012 bike?

I like to think of myself as someone who is decently able to use the search function in general, but this one is escaping me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
pretty sure its all the same.

I know the ECU in 07 (possibly 08 as well) was different than 09+, and even that swap over was very easy, just a couple pins needed changing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty sure its all the same.

I know the ECU in 07 (possibly 08 as well) was different than 09+, and even that swap over was very easy, just a couple pins needed changing.
Thanks. I'm now finding that the wiring harness from 07-08 to 09+ has different part numbers - are there any resources you would suggest to guide me through the ecu swap?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts