·
Registered
2007 Honda CBR 600rr
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Automotive exterior Engineering Auto part Parallel
Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior
Hello,

2007 Honda CBR 600rr with aftermarket adjustable levers. I successfully adjusted the clutch lever angle so I'm not hyperextending my wrist to grab the lever.
When I was satisfied with the angle of my brake lever with the same goal in mind, I noticed it contacts the fairing during right turns. Potentially prematurely wearing/blowing the line.

There is a metal stop pin preventing rotation of the hydraulic brake fluid line in an anti-clockwise rotation.

In the future, I have plans to replace the brake lines with steel braided type, but I wanted to ask if anyone has come up with a solution to this.

I'm not willing to "live with" what Honda's idea of proper lever-to-handlebar angle should be.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I use Woodcraft/CFM clip on's with the standard 1.5" risers.
With aftermarket lines you can pivot the brake line banjo fitting to keep it out of contact with fairing.....barely!
( may work out to be at the wrong angle for you?)

I would suggest a single banjo fitting (1 line from MC).
I used the 2 brake line setup with a longer banjo bolt and it took a lot of adjusting to get it to clear fairing at right full lock.

HTH

·
Registered
2007 Honda CBR 600rr
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you loosen the banjo bolt and rotate the hardlines?
I can.... I've also considered swapping the kill switch and the master cylinder positions. It is possible, but there is a detent under the m.c. that a locating pin sits in.

Replacing the brake lines is on the list for the winter time. I think my best option is when the lines are replaced, swap the 90* compression fitting for a 45*.

I tried playing with the securement of the main line to the calipers where in sits just under the lower fork tree. It made a bit of a difference, but not enough.

After noticing the huge difference when i adjusted the clutch lever, it's even more important to me to get the brake lever correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts