Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 07 600rr but was looking at getting a 07 R6... I would like to hear what people have to say about the performance, handling, comfort, etc... and if youve ridden them both could you please compare the two. thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
my buddy owned one. he loved it. the one time i rode it, i didnt find it very comfortable, but i my 06 cbr is a little less comfortable than the R6 for long rides. it was a nice bike, but you really had to rev it to get the power. i think all 600's are quite similar, just sit on the one thats most comfortable that appeals to you the most IMO.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have owned both but they are 2008's.
If you are going to be using it mainly for street keep you 600rr.
The r6 is a nice machine but really oriented for the track, and I don't know how tall are you but on the r6 I was on my toes, on the cbr I can plant my feet on the ground so the r6 sits higher.
Also the R6 wasn't bad for my 20 minutes commute,but for long distances it's a wrists killer, really aggressive position you are really in the top of the gas tank all the time.
Performance wise, well the r6 low rpm's are ok but after 8000 rps the bike really takes off.
And I don't know why, but I could feel every single pebble, bump etc.. on the road, the cbr hides bad road conditions much better.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive been trying to find a dealership that has one out but all they have are ATVs and snowmobiles.. damn cold..

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i like them both, if you have an 07 CBR tho, selling it for the R6 doesnt make any sense to me tho.
they both are amazing bikes, and they both make awesome track bikes.

the 08 R6 had some good improvements made to it, and they seemed to have fixed the gas tank problem as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like them both, if you have an 07 CBR tho, selling it for the R6 doesnt make any sense to me tho.
they both are amazing bikes, and they both make awesome track bikes.

the 08 R6 had some good improvements made to it, and they seemed to have fixed the gas tank problem as well.
Yeah its not that i dont like honda i love em ive had a 04rr and 06rr before the 07. I just feel like maybe switching it up..

·
Registered
148 Posts
The R6 would make a good track weapon, but so would your CBR and the Honda has a much better street motor and more comfortable ergos.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Ive been trying to find a dealership that has one out but all they have are ATVs and snowmobiles.. damn cold..
I think you have the answer right there. Go to the dealership when its nice and warm and take out an R6 for a test ride. I know its cold out right now, but this should not be a shotgun decision. Take the time to ride the bike and see if it suits you better! Until then, sure do some research on the bike.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah may just be the winter getting to me haha.. after reading a whole bunch im sticking with the RR.. Seems like the R6 is great on the track but not a favorite for the street. If i did switch to another bike it would either be the 09 zx-6r or the 08-09 1000rr... maybe the 09 R1, thing sounds amazing.

M

·
0 Posts
I love my R6, I think that it's a little slimmer (or maybe my legs are just fat on the CBR). I used to ride mine to work, too and it was great for that. But Olmy and others are right. The R6 is definitely a bike worth tracking, and is uncomfy for long rides. I took mine down to Escalante and back to Salt Lake last summer and was starting to hurt because of the position you're forced to sit in.

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
I really like the R6 for the track but I don't think it would be comfortable on the street. If you're really looking at the R6 then buy the 08-09 version, more mid range, suspension tweaks and the bike won't explode if you crash it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well i was really only looking because its a Gunmetal 07 R6 with 2700 miles, PCIII, full sato exhaust, and minor cosmetic stuff for $5200. I lovvv how they look but thats not as important to me, i think most all sportbikes today have some cool styling besides Suzuki.. only good years for them were the 06-07 600&750.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts