Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so after owning this bike for 3 hours i've popped what i can determine is code 34. Key on, kick stand down, FI light flashes 3 long, 4 short. From what the internet says, its something to do with the exhaust valve. It does have a slip on, however it's after the valve and i have trouble believing that the slip on is the issue.

I found a service manual online, and its pretty tough to navigate as its a scanned copy and not searchable. The index, troubleshooting, and exhaust section don't say anything about this code and I don't feel like just taking a couple comments on the web as truth. so..

A: does someone have a link to a better/searchable service manual for an 07 600RR and
B: does someone else have experience with this issue? Certain wires that i can check continuity?

Thanks in advance

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
when you power on the bike does the servo move then park itself? is it plugged in? have you looked at it at all?

·
Registered
860 Posts
EGCV feedback pot not returning the correct value.

as wibbly said - may be the valve is not cycling correctly. possibly broken wires or connector corroded or disconnected.

error codes are in the EFI section of the manual.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
sometimes valve gets stuck.....when you key on, the valve cycles/open shut and determines whether functioning ok.

valve is moved by a small servo motor up in battery tray and has a couple of drive wires to valve just by cat bulge in exh system.

if valve cant open/shut fully, or if wires dont move freely, that can cause code....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I'm almost done with a 72 hour shift, I'll check it tomorrow. Can you hear or see the servo moving? What are some common fixes for it not working?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it looks like there isn't even a servo motor in there. I guess it would have paid to learn about this bike a bit before purchasing. Is it better to replace everything or just do the resistor mod?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts