Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a bike and I don't have alot of extra cash laying around, so I went on craigs and searched the Atlanta area. There's an 07 600rr w/ 4k miles for $2300, it doesn't have any fairings or headlights and the guy posted he doesn't have a title just a bill of sale. So I figured I would get him to send me the vin and I'll cal my local DMV and see if it's stolen or just salvaged. If it's just been salvaged does anyone on here know the ins and outs of getting it registered? My main worry is if the bike is stolen cause I bought a stolen bike once and it didn't end well for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Def check the VIN and all that and even talk to your local DMV about the situation and find out exactly how hard/whats involved in your state to get the bike registered. Be very weary and check out the bike yourself before you make any kind of commitment as well...good luck and just remember to use common sense and some discrepancy with it all

·
Registered
205 Posts
Def check the VIN and all that and even talk to your local DMV about the situation and find out exactly how hard/whats involved in your state to get the bike registered. Be very weary and check out the bike yourself before you make any kind of commitment as well...good luck and just remember to use common sense and some discrepancy with it all

+1,000,000,000,000 I agree I would hate to have to start a new thread to raise money for your bond just joking.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
As people have said, run the VIN and engine numbers to check whats up with the bike. If it's been totaled then you can only use if on the track otherwise all it might take is a DMV inspection to re-certify the bike, depending on state.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Not to open old wounds but how did that first story of the buying a stolen bike happen to you z28forlife?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a long story. Basically my bestfriend that I've known for 22 years and I'm only 25 got a settlement from being in accident. Over 60k total, well I've helped him over the years with lending him money, I gave him my car so he could get to his new job and lots of other little stuff here and there. Well he bought an 03 gsxr 750 and wanted someone to ride with and one day he came to me and said lets get you one too. We were room mates at the time, he looked up a bike, talked to the guy and set up the meeting. When we got there the guy didn't have the title just a sheriffs sign off on the bike. I knew it looked fishy and told my friend I would walk away if it was my money. Well he said he didn't care and bought it anyway and when I went up to get it registered I found out it was stolen. We called the cops and they came and picked it up and I lost my bike.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I would pass this one by in a sec. Probably a waste of time......time you could be using to follow up on a solid deal.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
if its not stolen, its probably got a lien against it and Honda finance or another bank wants it back.
hence the "no title" good eye! just pass this one by, find a legit deal and somethin that hasnt been salvaged. by buying that, going through the process of finding parts/replacing parts just to get it legal, youd spend around a used 07 cbr600rr thats clean.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^I have learned, thats why I haven't bought it already...lol. I text the guy last night and asked him for the vin#, he said he didn't have it and didn't know when the next time he would be able to get it. I told him I needed that so I can run it through the DMV and see if it's stolen and he never responded back after I said that. He's a scamer or it's stolen, or it's already been paid off on and he's just trying to make a quick buck before the bank comes and picks it up.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Sorry to be a ****. Here's my advice. Buy a bike with a real title from a real person. If it sounds too good to be true, you're getting ripped off.

·
Registered
309 Posts
And yet, you didn't learn anything from that experience. Amazing.
LMFAO! someone offer some constructive advice...that was pretty funny tho. Im sure someone on here is in your community and can help you find a legit deal with a title. I'd just be patient and wait for a more beneficial situation to come along.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
This is, without a doubt, a scam. Pass man. For future reference, you will need to get the bike inspected by a police officer in GA. That means it will need to pass street tech and have a straight frame. This one sounds like it needs headlights, blinkers, brake lights, fairings, etc. Not as good a deal as it sounds, and potentially a stolen bike.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I'm not even interested anymore in it. After reading these responses and thinking it over I know it's a horrible idea, I just want a bike soooo bad but don't have the extra money. Oh well, I'll just save up and get one next year hopfully.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts