Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my bike today, haven't been able to ride for 4 weeks. engine turned over twice when i hit the starter but then something happened. It seemed like the engine stopped turning, but the starter kept spinning and it sounded pretty strange. After this I got on the bike and tried to push it while it was in first gear and the tired slid across the concrete when I pushed it.

I feel like this is an engine siezure but i'm not sure what else could be the problem. Does anybody have any ideas?

D

·
0 Posts
Did you keep holding the starter button down as the engine was running?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I held the button doown...

Turns out not enough amps in the battery, it didn't have the power to turn it over but the starter was still spinning trying to turn it. In all my years with small engines I'd never seen or heard anything like that, so I was confused. Charged the battery for a few hours and it turned over.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Yes I held the button doown...

Turns out not enough amps in the battery, it didn't have the power to turn it over but the starter was still spinning trying to turn it. In all my years with small engines I'd never seen or heard anything like that, so I was confused. Charged the battery for a few hours and it turned over.
Yep leaving the bike sit there that long will not help the bike to startup. If you plan on leaving it like that again if you can hook up a tender to the battery or at least start the bike couple times a week let it warm up then give it a few revs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts