Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. this is one of my first posts. thanks in advance to anyone who helps me.

problem.

when the bike is in neutral or driving it will not go over 12 to 13k rpms. i have changed fuel to no avail.

i think there is a self programable rev limiter. i dont know how to find this.. i bought the bike used, could someone pls help

thanks again
curtis

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
No self programmable rev limiter unless you have an ignition module or something.

Sounds like the fuel pump issue that is common around here. You can check it out but you'll need a manual to get the specs. www.helminc.com sells the factory service manual. like $60

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is an aftermarket exhuast, thats all though. im going to change the fuel pump tomorrow. thanks for the info

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok changed the fuel pump and the ecm.... and didnt fix it. gotta be a sensor somewhere.... any ideas... thanks again

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Well, It has to be air or fuel causing the problem. Check the air filter and change if needed. If that's clean and you see the throttle bodies open when you turn the throttle, then you have the air part checked.

Next is fuel. If you have the right fuel pressure and enough fuel flow from the pump ( which is the thing I said earlier to check) Then a clogged or pinched fuel line will cause your problem then that leaves the fuel injectors.

Maybe some fuel injector cleaner or take them out and have them cleaned.

Then the last thing if all else is good would be the ECU not telling the fuel injectors how much fuel to give. It gets that amount from the Throttle Position Sensor and the Tach. The Manual talkes about the readings you should be getting from the TPS.

If all that checks out, I don't know what else to look at.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You missed the ever popular pinched vent hose is about all dcope - the one other possibility to D's list is the vent hose for the tank is pinched just enough that when the pump gets to the fuel demand level required for north of 12k rpm, it not allowing enough air in to displace the fuel being sucked out....

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
You missed the ever popular pinched vent hose is about all dcope - the one other possibility to D's list is the vent hose for the tank is pinched just enough that when the pump gets to the fuel demand level required for north of 12k rpm, it not allowing enough air in to displace the fuel being sucked out....

Good catch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts